“No Better Than This?”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Aimmey is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 10.544 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Soda Sales industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Retail.
All tariffs have been abolished, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is moderate. Aimmey's national animal is the fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 4 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 18 days ago: Aimmey altered its national flag.
- 21 days ago: Aimmey relocated from New Delian League to Pangara.
- 21 days ago: Aimmey relocated from Galapagos to New Delian League.
- 48 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 66 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 72 days ago: Aimmey fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 140 days ago: Aimmey relocated from Balder to Galapagos.
- 140 days ago: Aimmey was refounded.
- 141 days ago: Aimmey ceased to exist.