“No Better Than This?”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Americas
The Queen's State of Aimmey is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 12.947 billion Aimmeyians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Soda Sales industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Retail.
All tariffs have been abolished, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is moderate. Aimmey's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 6 days ago: Aimmey changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 20 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 38 days ago: Aimmey changed its national animal to "deer" and its nation type to "State".
- 38 days ago: Aimmey altered its national flag.
- 54 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).
- 54 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Populations.
- 83 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 94 days ago: Aimmey relocated from United Kingdom of Ireland to The Americas.
- 95 days ago: Aimmey's influence in United Kingdom of Ireland rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 97 days ago: Aimmey's influence in United Kingdom of Ireland rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".