“No Better Than This?”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Republic of Aimmey is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.587 billion love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is led by the Soda Sales industry, followed by Uranium Mining and Retail.
All tariffs have been abolished, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars, and gambling is outlawed. Crime is moderate. Aimmey's national animal is the fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 7 days ago: Aimmey relocated from Stamford to Ancient Lands.
- 41 days ago: Aimmey's influence in Stamford rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- 42 days ago: Aimmey's influence in Stamford rose from "Minnow" to "Power".
- 42 days ago: Aimmey relocated from Maputo to Stamford.
- 44 days ago: Aimmey relocated from Pangara to Maputo.
- 82 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 154 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 177 days ago: Aimmey was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 190 days ago: Aimmey altered its national flag.
- 194 days ago: Aimmey relocated from New delian league to Pangara.