The Green FIT Federation of Aigania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by President Adam Eigen with a fair hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 13.496 billion Aiganians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centrum. The average income tax rate is 44.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aiganian economy, worth a remarkable 3,096 trillion Points a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 229,452 Points, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Surveillance cameras are banned, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up, and citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate. Aigania's national animal is the Taurus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Aiganism.
Aigania is ranked 39th in Lazarus and 1,015th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 1,014 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes.
- : Aigania was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, a niche industry catering to S&M enthusiasts has sprung up.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, administrative districts are increasingly defined by their taste in housing architecture.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, surveillance cameras are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, female newsreaders distract the nation by breastfeeding during broadcast.
- : Aigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, the government is a clear-cut case of tyranny by majority.
Endorsements Received: 31 » The Floodcity, Courlany, Angasana, NeueZiel, Harmoneia, Guy Walters, Borsovia, Darkium, Loftegen, Powthran, Coreladia, Praenestia, Amerion, Communist Stephen Colbert, Cronintopia, DisregardWork, New Rogernomics, Belschaft, BelloCaprica, Llananas, Provident Nation, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Shupei, Kitty Terrorists, Funkadelia, Intigrace, General Mike, Trackeendy, NOVOVINSK, Autarkia, and Gremlinash.