The Dark Imperium of Aigania is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Minor Archailect Black Bondage with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and smutty television. The compassionate, hard-working, humorless population of 14.765 billion Aiganians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kink Francisco. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Aiganian economy, worth a remarkable 3,707 trillion Points a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 251,089 Points, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 861,430 per year while the poor average 53,715, a ratio of 16.0 to 1.
Mothers drive their college-graduate children to work, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed, and a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father. Crime is well under control. Aigania's national animal is the Taurus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Aiganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, a recent political speech drew the ire of nerds everywhere after the speaker claimed that Darth Vader was Harry Potter's father.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, politicians are often seen with soldiers pointing guns at their heads.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, mothers drive their college-graduate children to work.
- : Aigania was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Prince Minikid.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, Max Barry is this year's Miss Aigania.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Aigania, multiple polls have christened the newly-formed Filibuster Committee as "the least efficient government bureaucracy".
- : Aigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
Endorsements Received: 46 » The Floodcity, Courlany, Harmoneia, Borsovia, Darkium, Loftegen, Powthran, Praenestia, Amerion, Cronintopia, DisregardWork, BelloCaprica, Provident Nation, Kitty Terrorists, Intigrace, General Mike, Trackeendy, NOVOVINSK, Autarkia, Aristeme, Lake Flotillas, Shirakahn, Caldariat, Knights Almeria, Sammi Land, Alunya, The New California Republic, Lazarus CoS, Cyleia, North Qumar, Systemic Virtue, Jo Jo Sadie, New Oregonian Republic, Starberries, Frankender, Adytus, Caprain, Drop Your Pants, The Salvation States, Scani, Labno, Canton Empire, San Andrewa, Arkanik, Zexen, and Prince Minikid.