The Green FIT Federation of Aigania is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President Adam Eigen with an even hand, and renowned for its rampant corporate plagiarism, keen interest in outer space, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 12.605 billion Aiganians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Centrum. The average income tax rate is 44.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aiganian economy, worth a remarkable 2,767 trillion Points a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 219,561 Points, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.5 times as much as the poorest.
Organ donation is compulsory, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, voting is voluntary, and skateparks can be found in every city. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Aigania's national animal is the Taurus, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Aiganism.
Aigania is ranked 68th in Lazarus and 1,371st in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 870 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, skateparks can be found in every city.
- 14 hours ago: Aigania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 1%).
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, voting is voluntary.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns.
- 1 day 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, organ donation is compulsory.
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, the people are furious with the government for allowing citizens to be executed for petty crimes in foreign countries.
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers.
- 3 days 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, the new prison system is crowding up at an alarming rate.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Aigania voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Congress of Armed Proletarian States"".
- 3 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aigania, Aigania's schoolchildren are manufactured into a segregated bunch of soldiers, religious zealots, and computer technicians.
Endorsements Received: 22 » The Floodcity, Courlany, Knights Almeria, Dakota Gage Carsons, Angasana, NeueZiel, Harmoneia, Guy Walters, Borsovia, JpKllA, Darkium, Funkadelia, Earth and Freedom, Loftegen, Trackeendy, Powthran, Coreladia, Praenestia, Amerion, Communist Stephen Colbert, Cronintopia, and Tearful Underwing.