The Confederation of Agymnum is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by the Regent Board with an even hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, free-roaming dinosaurs, and daily referendums. The compassionate, humorless population of 6.559 billion Agymnumians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Social Policy, Defense, and Welfare are also considered important, while Spirituality receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Central University. The average income tax rate is 98.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Agymnumian economy, worth a remarkable 1,490 trillion Ceths a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 227,262 Ceths, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government is spending millions on lawyers' fees trying to get the Regent Board off a murder charge, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries, it is impossible to get any work done as auditors swarm every inch of government factories and mines, and citizens select which government department gets their income tax Ceths each year. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agymnum's national animal is the Chelonoidis nigra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agymnum's influence in The Apartment Block rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Agymnum altered its national flag.
- : Agymnum relocated from Lazarus to The Apartment Block.
- : Agymnum was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Agymnum ceased to exist in The Apartment Block.
- : Agymnum's influence in The Apartment Block rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Agymnum's influence in The Apartment Block rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Agymnum's influence in The Apartment Block rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Agymnum's influence in The Apartment Block rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Agymnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens and Most Efficient Economies.