“Veritas sapientes elegit.”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Confederation of Agymnum is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by the Regent Board with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, intelligent population of 3.437 billion Agymnumians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Education, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and the Environment receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Central University. The average income tax rate is 99%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Anyone who so much as frowns is referred to a mental health unit, the nation's Medal of Honour can be found as a free toy in breakfast cereal, torture is illegal, and protests are legal but strictly supervised. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agymnum's national animal is the Chelonoidis nigra, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Ceth.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 7 days ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 9 days ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 11 days ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 16 days ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Agymnum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- 23 days ago: Agymnum was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Agymnum, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- 23 days ago: Following new legislation in Agymnum, torture is illegal.