The Homu Homu Iron Throne King of Agritum is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by High Queen Gwendolyn Pendragon with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 10.32 billion Avalonians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avalon. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The Avalonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,283 trillion Multiversal Pound Sterlings a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 124,346 Multiversal Pound Sterlings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Corporations donate huge sums of money to favored politicians, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, citizens live in superstitious fear of the mysterious glowing clouds that float over Agritum, and invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agritum's national animal is the Lion, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Agritum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- : Agritum was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- : Agritum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Agritum was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Agritum was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Agritum lodged a message on the Ankh Mauta Regional Message Board.
- : Agritum fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Agritum fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Agritum was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Agritum's influence in Ankh Mauta rose from "Zero" to "Negotiator".
Endorsements Received: None.