“Per aspera ad astra!”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Kingdom of Agramer is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by King Yanco with an iron fist, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.508 billion are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Defence, although Law & Order and Education are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agramer City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Artists are pillars of society, there are no minimum wage laws, children spout "Per aspera ad astra!" involuntarily throughout the day, and postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agramer's national animal is the dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Yancoism, and its currency is the Agramer Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: Agramer was endorsed by The Allied Huggable Fluffies of Kitabo.
- 1 day 18 hours ago: Agramer was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Temberin.
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Agramer was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Vesgar.
- 4 days ago: Agramer was endorsed by The Kingdom of Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms.
- 5 days ago: Following new legislation in Agramer, postmen have been arrested in job lots for selling junk mail as home insulation.
- 16 days ago: Agramer was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Agramer was endorsed by The Republic of Testinia.
- 24 days ago: Agramer was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Mining Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Agramer, children spout "Per aspera ad astra!" involuntarily throughout the day.
- 27 days ago: Following new legislation in Agramer, there are no minimum wage laws.
Endorsements Received: 63 » Yaorozu, Herzliyya, Grosseschnauzer, Enif, Velon, Groovistan, Novare Res, Pasargad, Oneofakynd, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Espana Japones, Mk Steele, Andromeda Islands, Selfgradatude, Blackshear41, Whereisthatistan, BrightFutures, New-Magrathea, God n Country n Byron, Kerlone Adinine, Jefffliu, Unimaginable Doom, Democatic Donkeys, Ermarian, Marscuponiland, Oilgarchy, Esponnise, Caish Empire, My Utopian World, Leekem, Mariensbergian Principality, Renetopia, Tavok, The 54th Squadron, Malvad, Abs123, Democratic Republic of England, McMasterdonia, Mandexia, Cierva, Macworld, Calamazo, Everywheristan, Ator People, HMS Unicorn, Avalon, Thatchertropolis, Olvern, Kiwitaicho, and 13 others.Rukonia, Alunya, Framhaven, Reffelda, Shogunate, Khjagobei, One Vision, New haven america, New Absurdistan, Testinia, Assorted sucrose-based lifeforms, Vesgar, and Kitabo.