“With unification and perseverance as our virtues!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: Renovan Cluster
The Dominion of Agonia is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Archduke Walter Saxum with an even hand, and renowned for its hatred of cheese. The compassionate, intelligent population of 3.01 billion Agonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although the Environment and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Babylon. The average income tax rate is 69%. An almost nonexistent private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing, radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, frequent fliers are obliged to submit to invasive security procedures by government security, and all weapon research has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agonia's national animal is the White Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its currency is the Production Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Agonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Agonia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Average.
- 8 days ago: Agonia's influence in Renovan Cluster rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 13 days ago: Agonia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 23 days ago: Agonia was endorsed by The Matriarchy of Desponia.
- 23 days ago: Agonia was struck by a Cure Missile from The Galactic Assembly of Equinieo, curing 3 million infected.
- 29 days ago: Agonia's influence in Renovan Cluster rose from "Handshaker" to "Duckspeaker".
- 36 days ago: Agonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Agonia's influence in Renovan Cluster rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- 39 days ago: Agonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).