The Democratic People's Republic of Aglrinia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Vladimir Fortunatov with an even hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, ubiquitous missile silos, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 15.089 billion Aglrinese have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taipore. The average income tax rate is 71.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Aglrinian economy, worth a remarkable 1,539 trillion Beijis a year, is quite specialized and mostly comprised of black market activity, especially in Furniture Restoration, Uranium Mining, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,042 Beijis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Cremation is compulsory for the deceased, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate, and women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aglrinia's national animal is the Maned Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Zoroastrianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aglrinia, women wearing male lounge-wear are quizzed for hours by mental health practitioners.
- : Following new legislation in Aglrinia, high-income earners pay a 100% tax rate.
- : Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector and Most Beautiful Environments and the Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Following new legislation in Aglrinia, reporters sent to cover suspected UFO visits come back with stories about quilting bees.
- : Following new legislation in Aglrinia, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Aglrinia, kids building model rockets in their backyard are grounded by Space Agency Rangers.
- : Following new legislation in Aglrinia, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Aglrinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Statelessness".
- : Aglrinia changed its national demonym plural to "Aglrinese".
- : Aglrinia changed its national currency to "Beiji".
Endorsements Received: None.