“Zǔguó, cóng dàhǎi dào dàhǎi.”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Diplomat
The Shizhu State of Aglrinia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Prime Minister Kudu with an iron fist, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 10.742 billion Aglrinians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taipore. The average income tax rate is 96%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Violent criminals are doomed to be hunted by a psychotic billionaire, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aglrinia's national animal is the Lammergeier, its national religion is Zoroastrianism, and its currency is the Cranslou.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 hours ago
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Aglrinia lodged a message on the Audax Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aglrinia, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- 8 days ago: Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- 12 days ago: Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in Aglrinia, mining safety laws are often more expensive than what's being mined.
- 13 days ago: Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 14 days ago: Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 15 days ago: Aglrinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Aglrinia's influence in Audax fell from "Ambassador" to "Diplomat".