“Life is worth living because we say it is”
|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Power
The All Powerful Republic of Aggroville is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Citizen 0 with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.03 billion Aggrovilleans are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defence, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Crystal City. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Uranium Mining.
The bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Crystal City, military spending is on the increase, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, and protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Aggroville's national animal is the Freedom Fighter, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, its national religion is The Orthodox Church of Aggroville, and its currency is the Marq.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 hours ago
- 43 minutes ago: Aggroville became WA Delegate of NortheastShooterStan.
- 43 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Aggroville, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
- 3 hours ago: Aggroville was endorsed by The Federation of The Silence Kommandant.
- 12 hours ago: Aggroville was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aggroville, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 20 hours ago: Aggroville applied to join the World Assembly.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Aggroville, military spending is on the increase.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Aggroville, the bonfire of the old paper records can be seen for miles around Crystal City.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Aggroville, locally produced computer games are being released faster than gamers can play them.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Aggroville, Harry Potter books are banned.
Endorsements Received: 1 » The Silence Kommandant.