“Fear not the large hand of promise and hope.”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Empire of Agasteon Empire is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by High Emperor Rizael with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its compassionate, hard-working population of 3.245 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ryliska. The average income tax rate is 70%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The arms industry is backed by government subsidies and harsh anti-protest laws are in place, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates, and space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agasteon Empire's national animal is the Phoenix, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Hinduism, and its currency is the Liriot.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 11 hours ago
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Agasteon Empire, space shuttles regularly launch rubbish into space.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Agasteon Empire, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Agasteon Empire, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Agasteon Empire, the arms industry is backed by government subsidies and harsh anti-protest laws are in place.
- 1 day 5 hours ago: Following new legislation in Agasteon Empire, the Agasteon Empire Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise.
- 1 day 9 hours ago: Agasteon Empire was endorsed by The United Socialist States of The Zhukov Regime.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Agasteon Empire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend The Bruce".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Agasteon Empire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Cultural Heritage Protection"".
- 2 days 4 hours ago: Agasteon Empire was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 17 hours ago: Agasteon Empire was reclassified from "Capitalist Paradise" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 39 » Yaorozu, Great Bights Mum, Grosseschnauzer, Groovistan, Blackshear41, Novare Res, Andromeda Islands, Enif, Selfgradatude, Blue Wolf II, Former English Colony, Agramer, New haven america, Pasargad, Herzliyya, Democatic Donkeys, Zemnaya Svoboda, Esponnise, Leekem, Mariensbergian Principality, Avalon, Whereisthatistan, God n Country n Byron, Sanctarian WA Mission, Macworld, McMasterdonia, Wortemburg, Republic of Verdonia, East Antonia, Everywheristan, Merconitonitopia, Ator People, Bir-Tawil, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Zeroxis, Snoefsnuif, Thatchertropolis, and Rukonia.