The Republic of Agaga is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, humorless population of 13.025 billion Agagans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agaga City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Agagan economy, worth 169 trillion shekels a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Average income is 13,007 shekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Sociologists can charge whatever fee they like as the nation tries to find itself, the average commuter spends four hours a day driving to and from work, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and public footpaths are being slowly eroded by the burgeoning number of ramblers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agaga's national animal is the moose, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Agaga is ranked 3,694th in Osiris and 142,298th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring -137 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Agaga fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 2 days 20 hours ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Yatatuan Autocracy of Yatatunga.
- 3 days 5 hours ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 6 days ago: Agaga fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 6 days ago: Agaga fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Agaga fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 8 days ago: Agaga fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 9 days ago: Agaga fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 9 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- 12 days ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Theocracy of Grand City of Saratuul.