The Republic of Agaga is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its public floggings, complete lack of prisons, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, humorless population of 13.601 billion Agagans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agaga City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The large but stagnant Agagan economy, worth 177 trillion shekels a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 13,040 shekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned mooseball fields, orphanages are closing their doors as the government forces parents to actually raise their children, Leader's mistress is the belle at many state balls, and judges are all-powerful. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agaga's national animal is the moose, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 1 day 19 hours ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Deshreti Keeper of New Emeritus.
- 5 days ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Kingdom of Ric Bay.
- 7 days ago: Agaga was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 8 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- 8 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- 22 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 31 days ago: Following new legislation in Agaga, judges are all-powerful.
- 45 days ago: Agaga fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pacifist.
- 47 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 53 days ago: Following new legislation in Agaga, Leader's mistress is the belle at many state balls.