The Republic of Agaga is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, keen interest in outer space, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, humorless population of 12.876 billion Agagans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Agaga City. The income tax rate is 100%.
The strong Agagan economy, worth a remarkable 2,004 trillion shekels a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling. Average income is an impressive 155,696 shekels, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, the government is well known for declaring war on other countries for suspected slights, and people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Agaga's national animal is the moose, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 days ago
- 3 days 19 hours ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Misleading Flag of The Panoptic.
- 4 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).
- 6 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 10 days ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Grand Duke of Cormac A Stark.
- 11 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 11 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 13 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 13 days ago: Agaga was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 1%).
- 21 days ago: Agaga was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Torshavn.
- 21 days ago: Following new legislation in Agaga, people faint regularly as they get stuck with compulsory vaccinations.