“The Gods must be crazy....”
|Category: Libertarian Police State|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: North Africa
The Nomadic Peoples of African Bushman is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 11.086 billion are proud of their wide-ranging civil freedoms, and those who aren't tend to be dragged off the streets by men in dark suits and hustled into cars with tinted windows.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Social Equality, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 37%. A substantial private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers, suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence, the mining industry is making inroads into environmentally sensitive areas, and gazelles are considered a delicacy. Crime is a problem, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. African Bushman's national animal is the gazelle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the cola bottle.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 12 days ago: African Bushman's influence in North Africa fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 23 days ago: African Bushman altered its national flag.
- 23 days ago: African Bushman relocated from Balder to North Africa.
- 23 days ago: African Bushman was refounded in Balder.
- 31 days ago: African Bushman ceased to exist.
- 99 days ago: African Bushman fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 103 days ago: African Bushman's influence in North Africa fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 124 days ago: African Bushman was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 126 days ago: African Bushman's influence in North Africa rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 132 days ago: African Bushman was struck by a Cure Missile from The Union of Juche Republics, curing 147 million infected.