“Turris Fortis Mihi Deus”
|Category: Left-wing Utopia|
Regional Influence: Dealmaker
The Kingdom of Afalia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Jessica Shaw with a fair hand, and remarkable for its happy-go-lucky citizens. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.868 billion Afalians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackdon. The average income tax rate is 57.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Afalian economy, worth 355 trillion Chands a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 51,689 Chands, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.0 times as much as the poorest.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Afalia's border, the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms, artists are pillars of society, and private law firms are unheard of. Crime is totally unknown. Afalia's national animal is the Volo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Afalia is ranked 2nd in Aeneas and 3,513th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 964.45 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 12 hours ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 1 day 21 hours ago: Afalia was endorsed by The Empire of Lyncanestria.
- 2 days 11 hours ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 16 days ago: Afalia's influence in Aeneas fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- 18 days ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 10%).
- 19 days ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 21 days ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 30 days ago: Afalia lodged a message on the Aeneas Regional Message Board.
- 35 days ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 38 days ago: Following new legislation in Afalia, private law firms are unheard of.