The Kingdom of Afalia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Jessica Shaw with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 7.429 billion Afalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackdon. The average income tax rate is 51.8%.
The large but inefficient Afalian economy, worth 421 trillion Chands a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 56,729 Chands, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.1 times as much as the poorest.
Army uniforms are replaced en masse to accommodate adult soldiers, charged suspects often have to wait years before the courts have room to judge their trial, warfare increasingly resembles a video game, and bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms. Crime is totally unknown. Afalia's national animal is the Volo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Anglicanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Afalia fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Afalia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Afalia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Afalia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : Following new legislation in Afalia, bus ads propagandize causes ranging from sexual revolution to religious pogroms.
- : Afalia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.