“Turris Fortis Mihi Deus”
|Category: Civil Rights Lovefest|
Regional Influence: Enforcer
The Kingdom of Afalia is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister Kelly with a fair hand, and notable for its restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.759 billion Afalians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Social Welfare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Blackdon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73%. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Afalia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, Saturday morning cartoons feature full frontal nudity, refugees from other nations are flocking to Afalia's border, and the nation has welcomed its expats back with open arms. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Afalia's national animal is the Volo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Anglicanism, and its currency is the Chand.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Sciongrad".
- 1 day 20 hours ago: Afalia lodged a message on the Aeneas Regional Message Board.
- 2 days 3 hours ago: Afalia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Convention on Fracking".
- 3 days 7 hours ago: Afalia was endorsed by The Grand Electoral Duchy of Florys.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Afalia lodged a message on the Aeneas Regional Message Board.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Afalia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 4 days ago: Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend McMasterdonia".
- 4 days ago: Afalia lodged a message on the Aeneas Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: Afalia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Child Pornography Ban".
- 6 days ago: Afalia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
Endorsements Received: 1 » Cestyr.