The Free Meritocracy of Aeronos is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Secular Humanist Party with a fair hand, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 6.016 billion Aeronosians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, with Social Policy, Healthcare, and Industry also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aeronia. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aeronosian economy, worth a remarkable 1,352 trillion aers a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Average income is an amazing 224,894 aers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 822,156 per year while the poor average 43,636, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
Crowds of flag-burning protesters tend to accidentally become crowds of burning protesters, the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque, the government is notorious for leaving citizens with almost nothing from their inheritance, and concert pianists lie about their occupation to avoid ridicule. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Aeronos's national animal is the purple chicken, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aeronos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Aeronos was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Aeronos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : Aeronos was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Drug Use.
- : Aeronos was refounded in Osiris.
- : Aeronos ceased to exist.
- : Aeronos lost the position of Laissez Faireholm WA Delegate to The Motors of Lincoln Sydney.
- : Aeronos fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- : Aeronos was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: #1).
- : Aeronos was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Avoided (last census: Top 5%).