The Grand Empire of Aerion is a gargantuan, orderly nation, ruled by Padshah Empress Ameria Wasterin with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons, keen interest in outer space, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 25.322 billion Aerionians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 82.0%.
The powerhouse Aerionian economy, worth a remarkable 2,052 trillion Aerionian Gold Leaves a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 81,048 Aerionian Gold Leaves, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 244,242 per year while the poor average 20,967, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
"To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis, the government seizes all major gold finds, the government is pouring funds into the nation's welfare system, and billions of Aerionian Gold Leaves are being blown on orbital weapons development. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aerion's national animal is the Aerionian White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Ancient Aerionian Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aerion's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Aerion's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Aerion lodged a message on the Western Atlantic Regional Message Board.
- : Aerion relocated from Osiris to Western Atlantic.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Aerion fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Aerion's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aerion's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".