The Grand Empire of Aerion is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Padshah Empress Ameria Wasterin with an iron fist, and renowned for its frequent executions, anti-smoking policies, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 25.788 billion Aerionians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 81.3%.
The powerhouse Aerionian economy, worth a remarkable 2,102 trillion Aerionian Gold Leaves a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 81,532 Aerionian Gold Leaves, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 245,698 per year while the poor average 21,092, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
"To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis, the government seizes all major gold finds, the government is pouring funds into the nation's welfare system, and billions of Aerionian Gold Leaves are being blown on orbital weapons development. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aerion's national animal is the Aerionian White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Ancient Aerionian Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aerion's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aerion's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aerion's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aerion's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aerion was refounded in Osiris.
- : Aerion ceased to exist.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Aerion's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Populations, Most Eco-Friendly Governments, Best Weather, and Highest Drug Use and the Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Aerion's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".