The Grand Empire of Aerion is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Padshah Empress Ameria Wasterin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, compulsory vegetarianism, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 24.6 billion Aerionians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Environment, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 82.0%.
The powerhouse Aerionian economy, worth a remarkable 1,993 trillion Aerionian Gold Leaves a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Black market activity is extensive. Average income is 81,048 Aerionian Gold Leaves, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 244,242 per year while the poor average 20,967, a ratio of 11.6 to 1.
Military spending is on the increase, "To Hell or to Marshland" is a common settler cry directed at native Brasilistanis, the government seizes all major gold finds, and the government is pouring funds into the nation's welfare system. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aerion's national animal is the Aerionian White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is The Ancient Aerionian Religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aerion fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 1%).
- : Aerion's influence in Western Atlantic rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Aerion fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Aerion was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Aerion, the government is pouring funds into the nation's welfare system.
- : Following new legislation in Aerion, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extreme.