“For A New Glorious Aerion”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Western Atlantic
The Grand Empire of Aerion is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Empress Ameria Wasterin with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 21.771 billion are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, the Environment, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Imperial City. The average income tax rate is 89%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Retail stores offer sales every hour on the hour, the nation's massive battleships are often mistaken for islands, the government extracts trade concessions from poor nations in exchange for humanitarian aid, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aerion's national animal is the Aerionian White Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Ancient Aerionian Faith, and its currency is the Aerionian Gold Leaf.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 8 days ago: Aerion was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Eco-Friendly Governments (last census: Top 10%).
- 12 days ago: Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- 18 days ago: Aerion published "Abeshala" (Factbook: Religion).
- 18 days ago: Aerion published "Order of Military Merit" (Factbook: Culture).
- 18 days ago: Aerion published "Order of the White Wolf" (Factbook: Culture).
- 18 days ago: Aerion published "Order of the Purpure" (Factbook: Culture).
- 19 days ago: Aerion lodged a message on the Western Atlantic Regional Message Board.
- 30 days ago: Aerion was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 5%).
- 36 days ago: Aerion lodged a message on the Western Atlantic Regional Message Board.
- 36 days ago: Aerion published "ANN: Her Imperial Majesty Issues Letter of Recall for Imperial Ambassador to Snefaldia, Expels States-Federation Ambassador" (Bulletin: News).