“To test the void as one.”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Solar Commonwealth of Aeridani is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Empress Fihano with an even hand, and notable for its unlimited-speed roads. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.055 billion Aeridanians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Law & Order are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Voykofala. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 90%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Book Publishing industries.
College students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, it is a common belief that a sport isn't sport if there are no decapitations, record sales of 'child-whacking sticks' have been reported, and Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aeridani's national animal is the Space Whale, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Solar Manifesto, and its currency is the Space Bit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 10 days ago
- 3 days 21 hours ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Least Corrupt Governments.
- 10 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 5%).
- 16 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 17 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies.
- 31 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 32 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 34 days ago: Aeridani was refounded in Balder.
- 56 days ago: Aeridani ceased to exist.
- 77 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- 84 days ago: Following new legislation in Aeridani, Members of Parliament are often found living in cardboard boxes.