“We are of many different peoples, but into the stars we”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The United Pacific States
The United Solar Empire of Aeridani is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Empress Victahria with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 2.737 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Defence, although Education and Commerce are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Maddiston. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Tourism industries.
A National Academy regulates grammar and usage, the recently unemployed can often be seen at the local homeless shelter, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, and the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aeridani's national animal is the White-Faced Tabby Cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is killing cats, and its currency is the Dainar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 6 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 9 days ago: Aeridani lodged a message on the The United Pacific States Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Aeridani relocated from Osiris to The United Pacific States.
- 9 days ago: Aeridani altered its national flag.
- 9 days ago: Aeridani was refounded.
- 17 days ago: Aeridani ceased to exist.
- 41 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- 41 days ago: Aeridani was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Aeridani, the automotive industry soaks up huge government handouts.
- 45 days ago: Following new legislation in Aeridani, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.