The Unified States of Aequatio is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Wilhelm Greiz with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 19.895 billion Aequatioans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. The average income tax rate is 67.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Aequatioan economy, worth a remarkable 3,622 trillion Aequatian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 182,096 Aequatian Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, immigrant herding has become a national pastime, conscientious objectors are hanged as traitors, and the country's famous rainforests are being bulldozed by the mining industry. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aequatio's national animal is the Domo-Kun, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 6 days ago: Aequatio fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Armed.
- 7 days ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 8 days ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 9 days ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 10 days ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 11 days ago: Aequatio was refounded in Balder.
- 1 year 71 days ago: Aequatio ceased to exist.
- 1 year 84 days ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 84 days ago: Aequatio was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).