The Øymark of Aeoliland is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Marki Henk with a fair hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 6.713 billion Aeolilandings are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vindøya. The average income tax rate is 99.0%.
The large but underdeveloped Aeolilandian economy, worth 455 trillion Kroner a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is 67,905 Kroner, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
There's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius', and young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery. Crime is totally unknown. Aeoliland's national animal is the Bjørn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Paganism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aeoliland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Aeoliland was endorsed by The Republic of Lemur Isles.
- : Aeoliland was endorsed by The Spiritual Union of Mettia.
- : Following new legislation in Aeoliland, young and brooding teens are welcomed with open arms to the Dogwarts School of Strangeness and Sorcery.
- : Following new legislation in Aeoliland, turning eighteen is often referred to as the 'Age of Aquarius'.
- : Aeoliland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Public Education.
- : Aeoliland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Liberate Eternal Scholars".
- : Following new legislation in Aeoliland, schoolchildren have twice-weekly sex education classes.
- : Aeoliland endorsed The First Comrade of Celle Franca.
- : Aeoliland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn the Pacific"".