“Pob am ryddid”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Land of Aels is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chief Minister Paul Duncan-Jones with a fair hand, and remarkable for its national health service. The compassionate, democratic population of 6 billion Aelsh love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drayfill. The average income tax rate is 77.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Aelsh economy, worth 260 trillion Punts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Retail, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 43,398 Punts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only adults may purchase violent video games, guns are banned, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aels's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of Aels.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 14 days ago: Aels altered its national flag.
- 14 days ago: Aels lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- 14 days ago: Aels relocated from Osiris to Rushmore.
- 14 days ago: Aels was refounded in Osiris.
- 116 days ago: Aels ceased to exist.
- 145 days ago: Aels altered its national flag.
- 145 days ago: Aels relocated from Lazarus to Rushmore.
- 145 days ago: Aels was refounded in Lazarus.
- 145 days ago: Aels ceased to exist.
- 189 days ago: Aels fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.