“Pob am ryddid”
|Category: Liberal Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Free Land of Aels is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Chief Minister Paul Duncan-Jones with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service. The compassionate, intelligent population of 5.676 billion Aelsh love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Drayfill. The average income tax rate is 54%, and even higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, followed by Gambling and Soda Sales.
Only adults may purchase violent video games, guns are banned, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, and the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting. Crime is relatively low. Aels's national animal is the swan, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Church of Aels, and its currency is the Punt.
Aels is ranked 69th in Rushmore and 64,911th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 58 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 32 days ago: Aels fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Influential.
- 38 days ago: Aels changed its national demonym to "Aelshman", its demonym adjective to "Aelsh", and its demonym plural to "Aelsh".
- 51 days ago: Aels altered its national flag.
- 51 days ago: Aels relocated from Balder to Rushmore.
- 51 days ago: Aels was refounded in Balder.
- 60 days ago: Aels ceased to exist.
- 110 days ago: Aels altered its national flag.
- 110 days ago: Aels relocated from Osiris to Rushmore.
- 110 days ago: Aels was refounded in Osiris.
- 113 days ago: Aels ceased to exist.