“Utúlie´n aurë, Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári Utúlie´n aurë!”
|Category: Benevolent Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Power
The Sindar Empire of Aelosia is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Everqueen Aliria with an iron fist, and notable for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 24.253 billion Sindars enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as the Environment and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aelos Craftworld. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Book Publishing.
Anti-government web sites are springing up, Aelos Craftworld is a police state during international summits, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation, and school uniforms are compulsory. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aelosia's national animal is the Hound of Valinor, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is The belief in the Valar, and its currency is the Celevon.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 21 hours ago
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Aelosia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, school uniforms are compulsory.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, the military is blowing up any threat to employment within the nation.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, Aelos Craftworld is a police state during international summits.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- 5 days ago: Aelosia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, immigrant herding has become a national pastime.
- 7 days ago: Aelosia was reclassified from "Compulsory Consumerist State" to "Benevolent Dictatorship".
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in Aelosia, cyber-crime and tin-foil hat sales are both increasing at record rates.