The Major of Aeken is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Motoko Kusanagi with a fair hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 6.615 billion Aekenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Section 9. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Aekenian economy, worth 892 trillion Yen a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 134,933 Yen, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, 'The Anti-Government Hour' is a popular programme on many of Aeken's radio stations, the government has started a campaign to crack down on road rage and encourage alternate means of commuting, and anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aeken's national animal is the Cyborg, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 4 days ago: Aeken was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 4 days ago: Aeken's influence in Kotturheim fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- 11 days ago: Aeken was ranked #1 in the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Aeken was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 5%).
- 13 days ago: Aeken was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 16 days ago: Aeken was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 16 days ago: Aeken was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 17 days ago: Aeken was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 17 days ago: Aeken was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 18 days ago: Aeken was ranked #1 in the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).