The Apostle of Aeken is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Kian Alvane with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.617 billion Aekenians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Marcuria. The average income tax rate is 97.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Aekenian economy, worth a remarkable 1,156 trillion Arens a year, is highly specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 134,204 Arens, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, morning coffees are no longer the same since the disappearance of newspapers, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aeken's national animal is the Commander Vamon, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Aeken's influence in Kotturheim fell from "Diplomat" to "Envoy".
- : Aeken was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- : Aeken was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- : Aeken fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.