The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.228 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry and Law & Order also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 4,077 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 441,863 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,358,562 per year while the poor average 43,477, a ratio of 54.2 to 1.
Dictionary sales have hit an all-time high, the police double as repo men, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow, and the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the workforce is almost entirely made up of slave labour.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, citizens living in underground cities have developed a healthy green glow.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the police double as repo men.
- : Aegis-5 withdrew its endorsement from The Daughter of Fčnghuáng of Starberries.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides and the Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, dictionary sales have hit an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, city rooftops are pockmarked with the shattered remains of experimental delivery drones.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, jaywalkers are condemned to lives of poverty for their heinous crimes.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
Endorsements Received: 50 » General Mike, Powthran, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The Floodcity, The New California Republic, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Farmboybob, Caldariat, Sammi Land, Alunya, Lazarus CoS, Betws Tynged, North Qumar, Sierra Kilo, Darkium, The Salvation States, Starberries, Frankender, Adytus, Scani, Jo Jo Sadie, Labno, Canton Empire, Darcaethir, Nucular, Union of Antartica, Fortytipper, San Andrewa, Prince Minikid, Laputa Robota, The Anatol, Datalia, Killahdom, Ohio Federation, Kowassati, American MapleStory, Rathgard, Syontica, Ambaniala, Nova Serica, The Mighty Warrior Horse, Lake Flotillas, Network 33, Traditionals, Ozgaard, Metropolic Mammiala, and Killer Kitty.