The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, flagrant waste-dumping, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 7.614 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,074 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 403,735 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,143,641 per year while the poor average 40,172, a ratio of 53.4 to 1.
Officer recruitment and police brutality have reached an all-time high, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative', religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, and children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 5%).
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Rogue Nation of Gremlinash.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Gremlinash.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, children as young as twelve are conscripted into the armed forces.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, officer recruitment and police brutality have reached an all-time high.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.
- : Aegis-5 voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
Endorsements Received: 23 » General Mike, Powthran, Courlany, Loftegen, Guy Walters, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The Floodcity, Amerion, BelloCaprica, Petra the Devil Child, Belschaft, New Rogernomics, The New California Republic, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Zexen, Alexander Juan, The Holy Empire of Pastafariansm, Kitty Terrorists, Funkadelia, Trackeendy, Shupei, and Gremlinash.