The Empire of Aegis-5 is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Emperor Harrower with an iron fist, and renowned for its zero percent divorce rate, flagrant waste-dumping, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.398 billion Aegisians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 4,272 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 454,610 Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,721,515 per year while the poor average 83,433, a ratio of 20.6 to 1.
The nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway, and political activists are routinely executed. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Worship of the Emperor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, political activists are routinely executed.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, environmental protestors are being rounded up and taken away in sinister black vans as a massive land development campaign gets underway.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, Aegis-5's army is full of two-metre tall super-soldiers.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter.
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Empire of Vasantha.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Empire of Vasantha.
Endorsements Received: 45 » General Mike, Powthran, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The New California Republic, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Farmboybob, Caldariat, Alunya, Lazarus CoS, Betws Tynged, North Qumar, Darkium, The Salvation States, Starberries, Jo Jo Sadie, Canton Empire, Darcaethir, Nucular, Union of Antartica, Fortytipper, San Andrewa, Laputa Robota, The Anatol, Datalia, Killahdom, Ohio Federation, Kowassati, Rathgard, Syontica, Ambaniala, Nova Serica, Lake Flotillas, Network 33, Traditionals, Ozgaard, Killer Kitty, Courlany, Amerion, Praenestia, Antonacia, Benevolent Thomas, and Vasantha.