The Empire of Aegis-5 is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Harrower with an iron fist, and notable for its enslaved workforce, frequent executions, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.842 billion Aegisians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 4,489 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 456,122 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.5 times as much as the poorest.
Self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords, armed police are cracking down on untaxed collectable-card-trading in local junior schools, and the nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Worship of the Emperor.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the nation's orphanages and maternity wards have been nicknamed 'the Killbot Factories'.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, armed police are cracking down on untaxed collectable-card-trading in local junior schools.
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Republic of Addlelearn.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Republic of Addlelearn.
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Chocolaty Tones of Altmoras.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Chocolaty Tones of Altmoras.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, self-driving cars obey the road rules even during emergencies.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, electricity company executives pray nightly to Zeus and Thor.
Endorsements Received: 59 » General Mike, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The New California Republic, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Farmboybob, Caldariat, Alunya, Lazarus CoS, Betws Tynged, North Qumar, Darkium, The Salvation States, Jo Jo Sadie, Canton Empire, Nucular, Fortytipper, Laputa Robota, Datalia, Killahdom, Kowassati, Rathgard, Ambaniala, Nova Serica, Network 33, Traditionals, Killer Kitty, Courlany, Amerion, Praenestia, Vasantha, Greesa, Huge Buns, New Rogernomics, Arkanik, Hipster mchipster, Claraxia, Proteste, Deadmau5, Elthalion, LeBomb, Axixic, Sharps inc, Katima, Aspratia, Republica de Muchansclon, BHD, Alienmarky, and 9 others.Aigania, Danesopia, THE UNITED FEDERATION OF ALGORENIA, Nugginston, Derpix, Holy Imperial Lithium, Jacob is cool, Altmoras, and Addlelearn.