The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and remarkable for its strictly enforced bedtime, vat-grown people, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 9.052 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, although Industry and Law & Order are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,947 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 436,090 Credits, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,989,166 per year while the poor average 58,338, a ratio of 34.1 to 1.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor, and many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector and Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The New and Improved Democracy of Killahdom.
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Bird Cage of Budgie Keets.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Bird Cage of Budgie Keets.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The New and Improved Democracy of Killahdom.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, many politicians are serving jail time for minor drug offenses.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, every new toxic waste dump comes with a seal of approval from the government's science advisor.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Conservative and the Top 5% for Rudest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, poets and writers are regularly rounded up and shot for entertainment.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations.
Endorsements Received: 41 » General Mike, Powthran, Courlany, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The Floodcity, Amerion, BelloCaprica, The New California Republic, Zexen, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Farmboybob, Lake Flotillas, Caldariat, Sammi Land, Alunya, Lazarus CoS, Betws Tynged, North Qumar, Sierra Kilo, Darkium, The Salvation States, Starberries, Frankender, Adytus, Scani, Jo Jo Sadie, Labno, Canton Empire, Darcaethir, Nucular, Union of Antartica, Fortytipper, San Andrewa, Prince Minikid, Laputa Robota, The Anatol, Datalia, and Killahdom.