The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and renowned for its triple-decker prams, flagrant waste-dumping, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.547 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,670 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Gambling. Average income is an amazing 429,427 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,323,075 per year while the poor average 41,067, a ratio of 56.6 to 1.
The alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit, governments opposing Aegis-5 are beset by rebels, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and prosecutors routinely call transplant doctors as 'expert witnesses' in burglary cases. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, prosecutors routinely call transplant doctors as 'expert witnesses' in burglary cases.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, governments opposing Aegis-5 are beset by rebels.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the alarmingly racist TV show 'Bigtopians Say the Darndest Things' is a hit.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, police officers have nearly cracked a major underage astronomy syndicate.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the military patrols the streets in search of possible secessionists.
- : Aegis-5's influence in Lazarus rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
Endorsements Received: 43 » General Mike, Powthran, Courlany, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The Floodcity, Amerion, BelloCaprica, The New California Republic, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Zexen, The Holy Empire of Pastafariansm, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Whalistan, Farmboybob, Lake Flotillas, Gaia and Pomona, Caldariat, Sammi Land, New austina, Mecca-Switzerland, Alunya, Lazarus CoS, Communist Stephen Colbert, Aeterna Supra, Betws Tynged, Cyleia, Goldstorm, North Qumar, The Anatol, The Sverige Union, Altmoras, Sierra Kilo, Shardventoria, Darkium, Amalice, The Salvation States, Charlopedia, Starberries, Frankender, and Adytus.