The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, public floggings, and complete lack of public education. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.065 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,281 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 406,939 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,268,685 per year while the poor average 36,442, a ratio of 62.3 to 1.
Chairman of the board claims to be the epitome of family values, curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net, psychological disorders are a taboo subject, and returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, returning tourists and businessmen are detained without trial if they belong to the "wrong" religion.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, curtailed social programs have left many citizens bereft of any safety net.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, Chairman of the board claims to be the epitome of family values.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, it is now illegal for teens to view any sites except Club Kitten and My Little Donkey.
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Sparkling Harvest of Starberries.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, political loyalty is enforced by way of chemical addiction.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Sparkling Harvest of Starberries.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, Animal Liberationists are regularly jailed.
Endorsements Received: 22 » General Mike, Powthran, Courlany, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The Floodcity, Amerion, BelloCaprica, The New California Republic, Ever Victorious Iron Willed Commanders, Zexen, The Holy Empire of Pastafariansm, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Whalistan, Farmboybob, Lake Flotillas, Gaia and Pomona, Caldariat, Sammi Land, and Starberries.