“Profits are compulsory”Chairman of the board
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 5.784 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The tiny, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 2,204 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 381,057 Credits, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,655,492 per year while the poor average 18,958, a ratio of 140 to 1.
There is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed, families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up, and hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity: 22 hours ago
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, hairdressers are among those who have disappeared overnight.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, families consisting of more than three people are forced to split up.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, citizens who become homeless are immediately executed.
- 20 hours ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison.
- 22 hours ago: Aegis-5 voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Marine Debris Accord"".
- 2 days 7 hours ago: Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Public Sector.
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the Steel Hawk is believed to be extinct.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, citizens are regularly arrested in queues for 'loitering'.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in Aegis-5, all telephone traffic is monitored for 'national security reasons'.
Endorsements Received: 13 » The Salvation States, Trackeendy, Darkium, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Cronintopia, The Floodcity, Cabin John, Zexen, Stujenske, The Sweet Leaf, Dakota Gage Carsons, GHAUNADAUR, and Ottoman-Aziziyah.