The Corporate State of Aegis-5 is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Chairman of the board with an iron fist, and renowned for its public floggings, pith helmet sales, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 8.874 billion Aegisians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The minute, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government, or what there is of one, is dominated by the Department of Defense, with Industry also on the agenda, while Environment and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaas. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Aegisian economy, worth a remarkable 3,850 trillion Credits a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an amazing 433,939 Credits, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 2,467,185 per year while the poor average 37,181, a ratio of 66.4 to 1.
Trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled', psychological disorders are a taboo subject, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, and old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Aegis-5's national animal is the Steel Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is the Reasonable rate of return.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aegis-5 endorsed The Nomadic Peoples of San Andrewa.
- : Aegis-5 was endorsed by The Nomadic Peoples of San Andrewa.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, old folks reminisce about the last time someone was acquitted of a crime.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, psychological disorders are a taboo subject.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled'.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, graffiti artists spend lengthy periods of time in jail.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, possession of tomato seeds with intent to garden is a criminal offence.
- : Following new legislation in Aegis-5, the giant 80-storey carving of Chairman of the board in Mount Rushless can be seen from space.
- : Aegis-5 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
Endorsements Received: 42 » General Mike, Powthran, Courlany, Loftegen, Harmoneia, Borsovia, The Floodcity, Amerion, BelloCaprica, The New California Republic, Zexen, Kitty Terrorists, Trackeendy, Farmboybob, Lake Flotillas, Caldariat, Sammi Land, Mecca-Switzerland, Alunya, Lazarus CoS, Aeterna Supra, Betws Tynged, Cyleia, North Qumar, Sierra Kilo, Darkium, Amalice, The Salvation States, Starberries, Frankender, Adytus, Drop Your Pants, Scani, Jo Jo Sadie, Labno, Canton Empire, Darcaethir, Nucular, Union of Antartica, Funkadelia, Fortytipper, and San Andrewa.