The Forest Retreat of Aegidian is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 6.36 billion Aegidia are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Sraasosak. The average income tax rate is 98.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Aegidian economy, worth 892 trillion ·Æ·s a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 140,264 ·Æ·s, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Conspiracy theorists allege Sraasosak's new subway map resembles Satanic symbols, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and graffiti graces every city's streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aegidian's national animal is the Bumaveda, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aegidian's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aegidian's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aegidian's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aegidian was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Developed, Most Efficient Economies, Most Cultured, Most Advanced Public Education, and Most Advanced Public Transport.
- : Aegidian was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Aegidian ceased to exist.
- : Aegidian's influence in The patriots rose from "Power" to "Superpower".
- : Following new legislation in Aegidian, graffiti graces every city's streets.
- : Following new legislation in Aegidian, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Aegidian, only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote.