The Technocracy of Aegara is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Supreme Chancellor Reynolds with an even hand, and remarkable for its deadly medical pandemics, daily referendums, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.837 billion Aegarans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Aegaran economy, worth a remarkable 1,950 trillion Omniss a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 179,941 Omniss, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 507,935 per year while the poor average 51,028, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
The entire retail industry has been replaced by online delivery services, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Aegara's national animal is the Gold Crested Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 26 days ago
- 29 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 46 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 5%).
- 94 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Soda Pop Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 114 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 132 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 194 days ago: Aegara's influence in Gran Colombia rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- 321 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 351 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 year 32 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 1 year 125 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.