The Technocracy of Aegara is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Supreme Chancellor Reynolds with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, deadly medical pandemics, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 10.107 billion Aegarans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Aegaran economy, worth a remarkable 1,818 trillion Omniss a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 179,941 Omniss, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 507,935 per year while the poor average 51,028, a ratio of 10.0 to 1.
The entire retail industry has been replaced by online delivery services, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Aegara's national animal is the Gold Crested Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 4 hours ago
- 12 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 74 days ago: Aegara's influence in Gran Colombia rose from "Dominator" to "Hermit".
- 201 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 231 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use (last census: Top 1%).
- 277 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 1 year 5 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 1 year 41 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 1 year 83 days ago: Aegara's influence in Gran Colombia fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- 1 year 138 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 year 164 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.