“Senatus Populusque Aegarum”
Regional Influence: Dominator
Location: Gran Colombia
The Technocracy of Aegara is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by Supreme Chancellor Reynolds with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 8.237 billion enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
There is no government in the normal sense of the word; however, a small group of community-minded, pro-business individuals juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. Income tax is unheard of. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Automobile Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Arms Manufacturing industries.
The entire retail industry has been replaced by online delivery services, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations, shanty towns are forming in the suburbs of major cities, and the streets are increasingly clogged with poverty-stricken beggars. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Aegara's national animal is the Gold Crested Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Omnis.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 7 hours ago
- 57 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 93 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 135 days ago: Aegara's influence in Gran Colombia fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- 190 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: Top 5%).
- 216 days ago: Aegara fell out of the world Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 235 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 259 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 1%).
- 1 year 111 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 1 year 127 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 1 year 161 days ago: Aegara was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.