|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: British Isles
The Republic of Adun is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Mutt with an even hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion. Its compassionate population of 3.431 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, the Environment, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Muttville. The average income tax rate is 61%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, Adun's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adun's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 13 hours ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).
- 11 days ago: Adun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 19 days ago: Adun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 25 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 10%).
- 25 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist (last census: Top 5%).
- 34 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 43 days ago: Adun fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Average.
- 43 days ago: Adun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Average.
- 47 days ago: Adun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Nicest Citizens.
- 54 days ago: Adun fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Police Ratios.