|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Republic of Adun is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Mutt with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate population of 4.727 billion Adunians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of the Environment, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Muttville. The average income tax rate is 63%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The wearing and manufacture of fur apparel is banned, Adun's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adun's national animal is the Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Credit.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 days ago
- 42 minutes ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Best Weather.
- 23 days ago: Adun fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 26 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 27 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Godforsaken.
- 42 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 43 days ago: Adun was refounded in Balder.
- 256 days ago: Adun ceased to exist.
- 256 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- 260 days ago: Adun was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).