|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Adkins Station is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 13.42 billion Adkins Stationians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boca Grande. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Students who refuse to pray are expelled from school, Adkins Station has designated Boca Grande as its capital city, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adkins Station's national animal is the butterfly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Ari.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 4 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Adkins Station endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 12 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- 22 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Kingdom of Hemingford.
- 28 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential (last census: Top 1%).
- 28 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- 37 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The 16 and Pregnant Nation of Cronaal.
- 40 days ago: Adkins Station lost the endorsement of The Holy Empire of Crabstroika.
- 40 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Crabstroika.
- 42 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 32 » Grosseschnauzer, Esponnise, McMasterdonia, Blackshear41, Yaorozu, Everywheristan, Former English Colony, Novare Res, Democatic Donkeys, Mandexia, HMS Unicorn, Ator People, Kiwitaicho, Olvern, Alunya, Rukonia, Framhaven, God n Country n Byron, Whereisthatistan, New haven america, Great Bights Mum, Pasargad, 007James Bond, Bristol C, Abacathea, Macworld, Lokarth, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, Turangalila, Kevaren, Cronaal, and Lionia.