|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The North Pacific
The Republic of Adkins Station is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese, prohibition of alcohol, and museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 14.277 billion Adkins Stationians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Law & Order, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Boca Grande. The average income tax rate is 92.4%.
The strong Adkins Stationian economy, worth a remarkable 1,036 trillion Aris a year, is extremely specialized and solely comprised of the Tourism industry. Average income is 72,579 Aris, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.6 times as much as the poorest.
Students who refuse to pray are expelled from school, Adkins Station has designated Boca Grande as its capital city, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adkins Station's national animal is the butterfly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Adkins Station is ranked 56th in The North Pacific and 1,988th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with 1,362.2 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 4 hours ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Anarcho-syndical Commune of Flutiestan.
- 4 days ago: Adkins Station fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 5 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 5 days ago: Adkins Station was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 5 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Oppressed Peoples of Mandexia.
- 6 days ago: Adkins Station endorsed The Oppressed Peoples of Mandexia.
- 6 days ago: Adkins Station endorsed The Titanium of HMS Unicorn.
- 11 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Kingdom of Whale Republic.
- 13 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Framhaven.
- 14 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Monarchy of Guslantis.
Endorsements Received: 39 » Alunya, HMS Unicorn, Sheldanada, Yaorozu, SillyString, Alta Italia, Territorio di Nessuno, United Kingdom of Great Lionheart, McMasterdonia, Mk Steele, Selfgradatude, General COE, Novare Res, Olvern, New Absurdistan, Republic of Destiny, The A9, God n Country n Byron, The Lancerian Empire, Grosseschnauzer, The Great Novgorod Republic, Merdir, New Sekai, Grobbiland, Liberitad, Thatchertropolis, Everywheristan, Zemnaya Svoboda, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Haut Beuxeroix, Kingdom of Plembobria, Republique autonome du Beuxeroy, Puerto Rican Independent Republic, Avalon, Guslantis, Framhaven, Whale Republic, Mandexia, and Flutiestan.