“AIM: Adkins In Murfreesboro”
|Category: Capitalist Paradise|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Republic of Adkins Station is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its parental licensing program. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.833 billion are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Courtneyville. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 91%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Students who refuse to pray are expelled from school, Adkins Station has designated Courtneyville as its capital city, libraries are now installed with jacuzzis and mini-bars, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adkins Station's national animal is the butterfly, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the kin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 6 days ago: Adkins Station fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Ancient Sages of A Slanted Black Stripe.
- 12 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Kingdom of Divitaen.
- 13 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Hikari Hachi.
- 34 days ago: Adkins Station was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Capitalist Paradise".
- 42 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Developed.
- 42 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 49 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Protectorate of Randgold.
- 52 days ago: Adkins Station was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Meldom.
- 71 days ago: Adkins Station was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments (last census: Top 1%).