The United Islands Republic of Adihan is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by Prime Minister James Stewart with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, frequent executions, and anti-smoking policies. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 17.291 billion Ad’ihanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adihan. The average income tax rate is 77.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Ad’ihanais economy, worth 855 trillion Tazoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 49,474 Tazoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending is on the increase, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adihan's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is officially none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Adihan's influence in Rushmore rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Adihan's influence in Rushmore rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Adihan's influence in Rushmore rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Adihan's influence in Rushmore rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Adihan altered its national flag.
- : Adihan relocated from Lazarus to Rushmore.
- : Adihan was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Adihan ceased to exist.
- : Adihan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Adihan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and Highest Foreign Aid Spending.