The United Islands Republic of Adihan is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Prime Minister James Stewart with an even hand, and remarkable for its frequent executions, complete lack of prisons, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 16.159 billion Ad’ihanis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Social Policy, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adihan. The average income tax rate is 78.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but underdeveloped Ad’ihanais economy, worth 590 trillion Tazoes a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 36,553 Tazoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending is on the increase, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adihan's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is officially none.
Most Recent Government Activity: 60 days ago
- 60 days ago: Adihan lodged a message on the Rushmore Regional Message Board.
- 60 days ago: Adihan altered its national flag.
- 60 days ago: Adihan relocated from Lazarus to Rushmore.
- 60 days ago: Adihan was refounded in Lazarus.
- 138 days ago: Adihan ceased to exist.
- 160 days ago: Adihan fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- 198 days ago: Adihan altered its national flag.
- 198 days ago: Adihan relocated from Balder to Rushmore.
- 198 days ago: Adihan was refounded in Balder.
- 199 days ago: Adihan ceased to exist.