“Peace, justice, freedom”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The United Islands Republic of Adihan is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Prime Minister James Stewart with an even hand, and renowned for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 14.336 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Equality, Law & Order, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Adihan. The average income tax rate is 67%, and even higher for the wealthy. A small private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
Military spending is on the increase, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality, pharmacies close down as medicinal drugs are sold freely by the government, and penurious citizens die from easily remedied ailments because they aren't 'taking enough initiative'. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Adihan's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is officially none, and its currency is the Tazo.
Most Recent Government Activity: 24 days ago
- 18 days ago: Adihan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- 18 days ago: Adihan was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Primitive.
- 108 days ago: Adihan was ranked #1 in the region for Most Average (last census: Top 5%).
- 125 days ago: Adihan fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 131 days ago: Adihan was struck by a Cure Missile from The Rushmori Nation of Wigu, curing 1 million infected.
- 131 days ago: Adihan was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Republic of Sargossa, killing 1 million zombies.
- 131 days ago: Adihan was struck by a Cure Missile from The United Kingdom of Valladares, curing 1 million infected.
- 131 days ago: Adihan was struck by a Cure Missile from Costa azula, curing 1 million infected.
- 131 days ago: Adihan was struck by a Cure Missile from The Bonded Provinces of Seunem, curing 1 million infected.
- 131 days ago: Adihan was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Republic of Liventia, killing 1 million zombies.