“Thou art Brothers, Thou art One”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Monarchial Republic of Acrotasia is a colossal, economically powerful nation, ruled by President Marco Polo with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.681 billion Acrotasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Creedaan. The average income tax rate is 74%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving industries.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, government policy is dictated by Christianity, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Acrotasia's national animal is the Mihawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the ACRO.
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 days ago
- 11 hours ago: Acrotasia fell out of the world Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 12 hours ago: Acrotasia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Acrotasia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- 12 days ago: Acrotasia endorsed The United Socialist States of Pyongyang II.
- 13 days ago: Acrotasia was endorsed by The United Socialist States of Pyongyang II.
- 14 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked #1 in the region for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 15 days ago: Acrotasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Individual Working Freedoms".
- 15 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).