“Thou art Free, Thou art One”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
The Monarchial Republic of Acrotasia is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Xiang Masentai with a fair hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 7.251 billion Acrotasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Commerce, and Education. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Creedaan. The average income tax rate is 75%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism industries.
Many parents are becoming frustrated with their children's choices in spouses, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, all weapon research has been banned, and Acrotasia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Acrotasia's national animal is the Mihawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the ACRO.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 13 hours ago
- 1 day 10 hours ago: Acrotasia fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Soda Pop Sector.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 10 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Acrotasia, Acrotasia is notorious for its citizens' infidelity.
- 3 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Acrotasia, all weapon research has been banned.
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Acrotasia changed its national motto to "Thou art Free, Thou art One".
- 3 days 18 hours ago: Acrotasia changed its national leader to "President Xiang Masentai".
- 4 days ago: Acrotasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Vandoosa Dreiundzwanzig".
- 6 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: #1).