The Monarchial Republic of Acrotasia is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Chao Mendez with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, sprawling nuclear power plants, and daily referendums. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 7.681 billion Acrotasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Creedaan. The average income tax rate is 29.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Acrotasian economy, worth a remarkable 1,041 trillion ACROES a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 135,553 ACROES, with the richest citizens earning 5.4 times as much as the poorest.
Airport security is provided by private companies, a nation-wide cull of Mihawks is in effect, biology and religious education classes have recently been merged, and motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Acrotasia's national animal is the Mihawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Acrotasia, motorists must pay to enter inner-cities during peak hours.
- 1 day 23 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 9 days ago: Acrotasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Nuclear Power Safeguards Act".
- 11 days ago: Acrotasia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Gambling Industry.
- 17 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Acrotasia changed its national leader to "President Chao Mendez".
- 19 days ago: Acrotasia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 22 days ago: Acrotasia fell out of the world Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.