“Thou art Brothers, Thou art One”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Auxiliary
The Monarchial Republic of Acrotasia is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by President Marco Polo with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.906 billion Acrotasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Creedaan. The average income tax rate is 74%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism industries.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, government policy is dictated by Christianity, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Acrotasia's national animal is the Mihawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the ACRO.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 7 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.
- 8 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Politically Free.
- 9 days ago: Acrotasia lodged a message on the Yokai Regional Message Board.
- 9 days ago: Acrotasia's influence in Yokai rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 12 days ago: Acrotasia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II"".
- 12 days ago: Acrotasia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "The General Patent Charter"".
- 12 days ago: Acrotasia's influence in Yokai fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- 13 days ago: Acrotasia's influence in Yokai rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- 15 days ago: Acrotasia fell out of the regional Top 10% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).