“Thou art Brothers, Thou art One”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
The Monarchial Republic of Acrotasia is a colossal, devout nation, ruled by President Marco Polo with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.59 billion Acrotasians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Creedaan. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 73%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Furniture Restoration, and Basket Weaving industries.
Birth rates have hit an all-time low, government policy is dictated by Christianity, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process, and Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Acrotasia's national animal is the Mihawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Christianity, and its currency is the ACRO.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 3 hours ago
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Acrotasia, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- 1 day ago: Following new legislation in Acrotasia, citizens are remarkably well involved in the political process.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Acrotasia was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "New York Times Democracy".
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Acrotasia, government policy is dictated by Christianity.
- 2 days 23 hours ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- 8 days ago: Acrotasia's influence in Yokai rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 15 days ago: Acrotasia was endorsed by The Soon to be married Queen of Kyuka.
- 16 days ago: Acrotasia fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- 16 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens (last census: Top 10%).
- 18 days ago: Acrotasia was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens (last census: Top 5%).