The Federation of Acropylae is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Harold Saxon with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, national health service, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 9.73 billion Acropylaeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acropolis. The average income tax rate is 5.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Acropylaean economy, worth a remarkable 1,375 trillion Genesses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 141,318 Genesses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
The fire protection service is wholly government-funded, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism, inheritance tax has recently been abolished, and major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Acropylae's national animal is the Deranged Platypus, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Acropylism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Acropylae was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Acropylae voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Living Wage Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
- : Acropylae was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : Acropylae was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 5%).
- : Acropylae was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Happiest Citizens (last census: Top 1%).
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Acropylae endorsed The Armed Republic of Naisaar.