The Federation of Acropylae is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Harold Saxon with a fair hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, daily referendums, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 11.343 billion Acropylaeans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The tiny, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acropolis. The average income tax rate is 7.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Acropylaean economy, worth a remarkable 1,715 trillion Genesses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 151,216 Genesses, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists, and the number of students attending university has reached a record high. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Acropylae's national animal is the Deranged Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Acropylism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, the number of students attending university has reached a record high.
- : Acropylae was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden.
- : Acropylae was endorsed by The Christmas Republic of Empy.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, the government seeks peaceful forum with terrorists.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Acropylae endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Terajaland.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, government officials frequently cut taxes as a distraction from antics with their secretaries.
- : Acropylae was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Terajaland.
- : Acropylae endorsed The Weekend Warrior of Big Bad Badger.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Southern Eureka, Shaktirajya, Papercuts and Skittles, Liberillia, Lab, Lady Anastasia, Majdim, New New New New New South Wales, OgJoker, Elegarth, Mediobogdum, Drachmaland, DankDank, UpsideTown, Sinbar, Kewil, Ansica, Stormvald, Mayor Tweedy, Big Bad Badger, Terajaland, and Empy.