The Federation of Acropylae is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Harold Saxon with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 10.27 billion Acropylaeans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Industry is also considered important, while Social Policy and Administration are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acropolis. The average income tax rate is 5.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Acropylaean economy, worth a remarkable 1,522 trillion Genesses a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 148,225 Genesses, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria, the art of conversation has been rediscovered, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine, and human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Acropylae's national animal is the Deranged Platypus, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Acropylism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Acropylae endorsed The Republic of Majdim.
- : Acropylae was endorsed by The Republic of Majdim.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Acropylae voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Security Convention"".
- : Acropylae was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Influential (last census: Top 5%).
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, the government is financing an extremely costly war against malaria.
- : Acropylae was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Acropylae, programmes of questionable content are shown at peak-hours.
Endorsements Received: 14 » Southern Eureka, Mercanta, Elegarth, Yy4u, Mediobogdum, Shaktirajya, Papercuts and Skittles, Liberillia, Aestate, Lab, Nimros, Wickedly evil people, Lady Anastasia, and Majdim.