“By Truth and Toil”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: World Alliance
The Grand Duchy of Acquitane is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Maximillian Julianus Pond with an even hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 1.41 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acquilistine. The average income tax rate is 81%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, divorce lawyers are found begging on the streets, the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles, and glittering new sports stadiums adorn every city and town. Crime is totally unknown. Acquitane's national animal is the Stallion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Acquitinian Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 21 hours ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 4 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 5% for Healthiest Citizens.
- 5 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 7 days ago: Acquitane lodged a message on the World Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 8 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Smartest Citizens.
- 23 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates.
- 27 days ago: Acquitane was endorsed by The People's Republic of Shirouma.
- 32 days ago: Acquitane was endorsed by The Imperial Confederation of Holy Patrician States.
- 35 days ago: Acquitane was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 21 (New-Zealand, Novo Canuckia, Sarvadia, Angloscandogermania, Newasia, Munu, Dromoda, Turkiye Federal Republic, DivineMagik, The Republic of Chivalry, Las Trinidades, Adaji, Toulain, Civitius, Eltebena, Aloia, Freedom Planita 2, Marquette of Pacific, Lonbonia, Holy Patrician States, Shirouma)