“By Truth and Toil”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: World Alliance
The Constitutional Grand Duchy of Acquitane is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Grand Duke Maximillian Julianus Pond with an even hand, and renowned for its enforced nudity. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.422 billion Acquitaneans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are secondary priorities. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acquilistine. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, Acquitane's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is totally unknown. Acquitane's national animal is the Bull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Acquitinian Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Acquitane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Acquitane relocated from Balder to World Alliance.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: Acquitane was refounded in Balder.
- 39 days ago: Acquitane ceased to exist.
- 41 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 63 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 63 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Influential.
- 67 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Godforsaken.
- 73 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the world Top 10% for Safest.
- 74 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.