“By Truth and Toil”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: World Alliance
The Constitutional Grand Duchy of Acquitane is a massive, economically powerful nation, ruled by Grand Duke Maximillian Julianus Pond with an even hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 2.542 billion Acquitaneans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although the Environment and Social Welfare are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Acquilistine. The average income tax rate is 83%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
A primitive society is being eroded as its youth flock to the modern world, Acquitane's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, citizens are expected to be proficient in at least five languages, and radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion. Crime is totally unknown. Acquitane's national animal is the Bull, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Acquitinian Sterling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 days ago
- 3 days 15 hours ago: Acquitane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 4 days ago: Acquitane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 7 days ago: Acquitane was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Acquitane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 21 days ago: Acquitane was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 23 days ago: Acquitane relocated from Balder to World Alliance.
- 23 days ago: Acquitane was refounded in Balder.
- 60 days ago: Acquitane ceased to exist.
- 62 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 84 days ago: Acquitane fell out of the world Top 5% for Most Influential.