The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, state-planned economy, and complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.607 billion Achmel Abdiwalians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 54.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Achmel Abdiwalian economy, worth 99.9 trillion achis a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,602 achis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa fell from "Diplomat" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Achmel Abdiwali endorsed The Green Book of Moammar El-Gadhafi.
- : Achmel Abdiwali voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- : Achmel Abdiwali voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- : Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
Endorsements Received: None.