“Resident of Algeria”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Duckspeaker
Location: North Africa
The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws, complete lack of prisons, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 10.529 billion Achmel Abdiwalians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 44.9%.
The Achmel Abdiwalian economy, worth 333 trillion achis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 31,718 achis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 15 hours ago
- 15 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali endorsed The White Sands of Yoh-en-Boeit.
- 15 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali was admitted to the World Assembly.
- 1 day 17 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 4 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali applied to join the World Assembly.
- 4 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali relocated from Osiris to North Africa.
- 4 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was refounded in Osiris.
- 34 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali ceased to exist.
- 48 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 53 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 53 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
Endorsements Received: None.