“Resident of Algeria”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: North Africa
The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a colossal, socially progressive nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.772 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although the Environment and Healthcare are secondary priorities. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 35%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime is moderate, probably because of the country's utter lack of prisons. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the achi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 17 days ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 3 days 8 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- 5 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 20 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 27 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 33 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate NAZI EUROPE"".
- 83 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Beautiful Environments.
- 110 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 119 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 129 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".