The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a gargantuan, safe nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.434 billion Achmel Abdiwalians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 53.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Achmel Abdiwalian economy, worth 68.7 trillion achis a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 6,005 achis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Achmel Abdiwali is ranked 16th in North Africa and 119,785th in the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates, scoring 2 on the Workforce Participation Versus Theoretical Maximum Metric.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 2 hours ago
- 6 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 11 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa fell from "Diplomat" to "Duckspeaker".
- 20 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 25 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 32 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali endorsed The Green Book of Moammar El-Gadhafi.
- 32 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 32 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Rights of Indigenous Peoples".
- 40 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- 88 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 89 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
Endorsements Received: None.