The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its complete lack of prisons, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 11.102 billion Achmel Abdiwalians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 46.9%.
The Achmel Abdiwalian economy, worth 369 trillion achis a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 33,319 achis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 days ago
- 31 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather (last census: Top 10%).
- 32 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 34 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 34 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 50 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Best Weather.
- 88 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom of Marriage Act"".
- 91 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On Universal Jurisdiction".
- 92 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted for the World Assembly Resolution "War Crimes Tribunal".
- 95 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali endorsed The White Sands of Yoh-en-Boeit.
- 95 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was admitted to the World Assembly.
Endorsements Received: None.