“Resident of Algeria”
|Category: Corporate Bordello|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: North Africa
The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 8.238 billion are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Commerce receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 38%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the achi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 41 days ago
- 24 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 33 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 43 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "Anarchy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- 44 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was cleansed by a Tactical Zombie Elimination Squad from The Ancient Nile people of The Nomadic Egypt army, killing 65 million zombies.
- 52 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market (last census: Top 5%).
- 52 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional #1 spot for Most Pro-Market.
- 62 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "Corporate Bordello" to "Anarchy".
- 87 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 5%).
- 116 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was endorsed by The Green Book of Moammar El-Gadhafi.
- 138 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).