“Resident of Algeria”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: North Africa
The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.978 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The government -- a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass -- devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 37%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime -- especially youth-related -- is well under control. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the achi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 13 hours ago
- 1 day 13 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali voted for the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 2 days 8 hours ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 4 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Politically Free (last census: Top 1%).
- 8 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the world Top 5% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 8 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 5% for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- 11 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was endorsed by The Grand Imperial Axis of Pointe Noire.
- 18 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was endorsed by The Confederate States of Blumaria.
- 22 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Bearjesusland.
- 25 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was endorsed by The Egyptian Kingdom of Menkheperre.
- 26 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was endorsed by The Proletariat State of Holus.