“Resident of Algeria”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Ambassador
Location: North Africa
The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a gargantuan, safe nation, renowned for its hatred of cheese. The hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 10.466 billion Achmel Abdiwalians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, the Environment, and Defence. The average income tax rate is 53%. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the achi.
Most Recent Government Activity: 53 days ago
- 7 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- 13 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the world Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 13 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 42 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- 48 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 53 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali applied to join the World Assembly.
- 53 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali relocated from Lazarus to North Africa.
- 53 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was refounded in Lazarus.
- 58 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali ceased to exist.
- 78 days ago: Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).