The Abdiwali Family of Achmel Abdiwali is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, absence of drug laws, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 11.815 billion Achmel Abdiwalians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The large, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Environment, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 53.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Achmel Abdiwalian economy, worth 100 trillion achis a year, is driven entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly comprised of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,529 achis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achmel Abdiwali's national animal is the tapir, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extreme.
- : Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Extreme.
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Diplomat".
- : Achmel Abdiwali was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Populations (last census: Top 5%).
- : Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Achmel Abdiwali fell out of the world Top 10% for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Achmel Abdiwali was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa fell from "Diplomat" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Achmel Abdiwali's influence in North Africa rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
Endorsements Received: None.