“All your bodies are belong to us!”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Handshaker
Location: 10000 Islands
The Republic of Achiotopia is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by Achilleus with an even hand, and notable for its punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, intelligent population of 15.577 billion Achiotopians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Achiopolis. The average income tax rate is 77%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government, most academic research has ground to a halt, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations, and expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achiotopia's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 21 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Achiotopia was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, expensive lawyers are hired to defend citizens in court for public urination charges against their pets.
- 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, political parties are banned from advertising and receiving private donations.
- 21 hours ago: Achiotopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Anti-Counterfeiting Pact".
- 1 day 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, most academic research has ground to a halt.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, every product goes through extensive safety-testing by the government.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the nanny industry has had a boom after maternity leave was recently banned.
- 2 days 12 hours ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, all-natural foods are becoming a major fad.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Achiotopia endorsed The Dictatorship of Zabbar.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Achiotopia endorsed The Theocracy of Hyperboreea.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Dustwind, Chronopolice, Phrados, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Arkanglia, Port-du-sud, Seranis, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Iontan, Randomain, Lahuland, Thesan, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Anollasia, Sticks and Skulls, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, Thomason, The Great Red North, Matterland, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, Invictus, The Soylent Green Party, Lorigan, The imperial state of Japan, Nubpryton, Testa, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Arnor and Gondor-, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Beiluxia, Strenuus, The Isle of Tol Eressea, Steidenland, Markanite, LARF, Goat Horns, Zyrcrestia, Kokkinostan, Federation of Science and Freedom, and 14 others.Nojia, Zafalla, Korean United States, Wysrod, Mursilis, Blogotopia, New Hodgepodge, Fogaler, Port Merforian, New Dalai, The Walkerworld Empire, New Duveland, Zabbar, and Hyperboreea.