The Republic of Achiotopia is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by Achilleus with a fair hand, and remarkable for its anti-smoking policies, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic population of 17.069 billion Achiotopians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Achiopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.2%.
The all-consuming Achiotopian economy, worth a remarkable 4,345 trillion Euros a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Trout Farming, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 254,562 Euros, with the richest citizens earning 5.9 times as much as the poorest.
Computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie, and the fire protection service is wholly government-funded. Crime is totally unknown. Achiotopia's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achiotopia was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the fire protection service is wholly government-funded.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, invasive species are hunted by the gendarmerie.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, computer users are buried daily in thousands of unsolicited emails.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
- : Following new legislation in Achiotopia, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
- : Achiotopia endorsed The Republic of AmericaIS THE BEST.
- : Achiotopia was endorsed by The Republic of AmericaIS THE BEST.
- : Achiotopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibiting Animal Abuse"".
Endorsements Received: 75 » Dustwind, Chronopolice, Phrados, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Port-du-sud, Seranis, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Iontan, Randomain, Solleana, Imbarien, Rex Republic, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Slaytania, The Great Red North, Matterland, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, The Soylent Green Party, The imperial state of Japan, Testa, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Lost Islands of Pantagon, Beiluxia, Steidenland, Zyrcrestia, Kokkinostan, Nojia, Korean United States, Blogotopia, Denly, Richecstan, Fujisan, Nortelleve, Kevnaria, Licnosloboda, The United Dog Days Providence, Ilha Rongo Koa, Zeganas, Aersoldorf, New Quantopia, GaultVille, Exustyr, Logicanus, and 25 others.Gitchie Manito, West Civandia, Patrickstahn, Zeklandia, Germanahii, Zumwalt, Wysrod, Night Hawk Nation, Caesarian Rule, The Republic of lkxciv, United Kingdom of Selesnia, UndyingLight, Othan, Aithan, Drakkar Unitary Absolutist, The Democratic Republic of Ashland, Aipotu Ruo, Samanar, Dycion, Tyraina, De Danann, BayMouth, Oasisa, Swanigassia, and AmericaIS THE BEST.