“All your bodies are belong to us!”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Truckler
Location: 10000 Islands
The Republic of Achiotopia is a gargantuan, economically powerful nation, ruled by Achilleus with an even hand, and renowned for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate population of 14.311 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Achiopolis. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 69%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Information Technology industry.
Cheese has become the new icon of political dissent, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, and the arms industry is strictly regulated. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achiotopia's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 hours ago
- 112 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- 112 minutes ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the police have reaffirmed their tough stance on drugs.
- 1 day 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Achiotopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Commend The NationStates Community"".
- 1 day 11 hours ago: Achiotopia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Reproductive Freedoms"".
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, parents live in fear of governmental 'child protection' squads.
- 2 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, all major public areas are watched by police surveillance cameras.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- 3 days 1 hour ago: Following new legislation in Achiotopia, marketing departments of corporate giants compete to sponsor little league teams.
Endorsements Received: 80 » Dustwind, Blogotopia, Hayden Island, Tinbo, Chronopolice, Phrados, Tzo, FreeGunsForAll, Osea Island, Spadanera, Arkanglia, Port-du-sud, Seranis, Grungerock, Christian Indonesia, Hasurei, Iontan, Randomain, Clarkistan, Kokkinostan, Lahuland, Thesan, Solleana, Imbarien, Tesla Electricity Nation, Anollasia, Lubnid, Sticks and Skulls, Ilstoria, Republic of VEW, Cammiwoo, Musashi Ariadust, Rex Republic, United Bobtopia, Happy Kitten Death Chain Land, Future of Mankind, Northern Koryeo, The Blessed and Almighty Bog, Morbid Mothmen Of Malibu, Slaytania, Gypsy vixens, Thomason, The Great Red North, Matterland, Independent State Allied Forces of Belka, Wailfolk, Chief of Music, SverigeKins, Rojikstan, LordVetinari, and 30 others.Fulheim, An Isolated Populace, Earth Federation, Kelvinski, Krallaria, Christopolas, Biblical Importance, Invictus, The Soylent Green Party, Dendor, Snuggling, Voltzenkrad, Imperial Royal Union, Korbinas, Lorigan, The imperial state of Japan, Nubpryton, WastedRum, Testa, The United Libertarian regions, Benevolent Thomas, Venerus, Samonaemia, Naarang, Aristos, Coreras, Mystiquelle, Spncrgmn, Wincanton, and Arnor and Gondor-.