“Do it first”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The European and African Union
The Republic of Achigana is a colossal, pleasant nation, renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its cynical population of 7.398 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The small, moralistic, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 21%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, all marriages are arranged by the government, and historical fiction has been banned. Crime is relatively low, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Achigana's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 18 days ago: Achigana relocated from Ecuador to The European and African Union.
- 36 days ago: Achigana was ranked #1 in the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 59 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 5%).
- 59 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 72 days ago: Achigana relocated from Ancient Lands to Ecuador.
- 102 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 1%).
- 102 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 121 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 124 days ago: Achigana relocated from Austin to Ancient Lands.
- 126 days ago: Achigana's influence in Austin fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".