The Queen's State of Achigana is a gargantuan, orderly nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The cynical population of 10.45 billion Achiganans are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, moralistic, socially-minded, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Industry, and Social Policy. The average income tax rate is 32.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but stagnant Achiganan economy, worth 73.2 trillion betales a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with significant contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is frequent. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 7,000 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, all marriages are arranged by the government, and historical fiction has been banned. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Achigana's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Achigana relocated from Lazarus to The Americas.
- : Achigana was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Achigana ceased to exist.
- : Achigana fell out of the world Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Achigana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 5%).
- : Achigana was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: #1).
- : Achigana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Influential.
- : Achigana was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Achigana fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Extreme.
- : Achigana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.