“Do it first”
|Category: Psychotic Dictatorship|
Regional Influence: Hermit
The Republic of Achigana is a colossal, pleasant nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its cynical population of 5.624 billion are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The small, moralistic, socially-minded government devotes most of its attentions to Law & Order, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Healthcare receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 21%, but much higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Uranium Mining industry.
Protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, popular political cartoonists are thrown in jail for inciting dissent, all marriages are arranged by the government, and historical fiction has been banned. Crime is relatively low, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Achigana's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 27 days ago
- 44 days ago: Achigana altered its national flag.
- 73 days ago: Achigana altered its national flag.
- 96 days ago: Achigana relocated from Western Samoa to Algora.
- 101 days ago: Achigana relocated from Balder to Western Samoa.
- 101 days ago: Achigana was refounded.
- 105 days ago: Achigana ceased to exist.
- 161 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 164 days ago: Achigana was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 1%).
- 165 days ago: Achigana relocated from Togo to Galapagos.
- 165 days ago: Achigana relocated from Galapagos to Togo.