“You're happiest when filling your daily work quota!”
|Category: Corporate Police State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Collaborative Community of Abreddey is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Cadethen with an iron fist, and remarkable for its complete lack of prisons. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 4.836 billion AAbreddites are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haversonia. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 92%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Information Technology and Retail.
Children spout "You're happiest when filling your daily work quota!" involuntarily throughout the day, surrealist houses shaped like mushrooms and volcanoes dominate the wealthiest neighborhoods, the government is making attempts at curtailing the flood of spam emails with little progress, and it's always rabbit season. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Abreddey's national animal is the Sidehill Gouger, its national religion is the Government, and its currency is the Beetain Dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 6 days ago: Abreddey was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- 9 days ago: Abreddey changed its national capital to "Haversonia", its demonym adjective to "Abreddainian", its demonym plural to "AAbreddites", its faith to "the Government", and its leader to "Cadethen".
- 9 days ago: Abreddey changed its national demonym adjective to "Abreddanian".
- 9 days ago: Abreddey changed its national demonym to "Abreddain".
- 9 days ago: Abreddey was refounded in Balder.
- 23 days ago: Abreddey ceased to exist.
- 32 days ago: Abreddey's influence in 682 fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".
- 34 days ago: Abreddey's influence in 682 rose from "Dominator" to "Hegemony".
- 37 days ago: Abreddey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 51 days ago: Abreddey's influence in 682 fell from "Hegemony" to "Dominator".