The Hegemony of Abreddey is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Hegemon Cadethen the Devious with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, strictly enforced bedtime, and flagrant waste-dumping. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 5.812 billion Abreddites have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Haversonia. The average income tax rate is 82.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Abreddine economy, worth 981 trillion Bucks a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 168,918 Bucks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.3 times as much as the poorest.
The military struggles with recruitment, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets, and referenda are held for every conceivable government action. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Abreddey's national animal is the Sidehill Gouger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is the Government.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 hours ago
- 12 hours ago: Abreddey fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Abreddey, referenda are held for every conceivable government action.
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Abreddey voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Nuclear Testing Safety"".
- 1 day 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Abreddey, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets.
- 2 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Abreddey, prominent cultural symbols are featured on the backs of cereal boxes.
- 2 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Abreddey, the military struggles with recruitment.
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Abreddey was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 3 days 2 hours ago: Following new legislation in Abreddey, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Haversonia Times is sold out.
- 3 days 13 hours ago: Abreddey voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Democratia"".
- 3 days 14 hours ago: Following new legislation in Abreddey, a referendum must be held in order for any new law to be passed.
Endorsements Received: None.