“Hope this works”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: New Delian League
The Principality of Abfar is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 11.261 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, Abfar is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and gambling is outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Abfar's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 23 days ago
- 23 days ago: Abfar relocated from Ionia to New Delian League.
- 132 days ago: Abfar relocated from Galapagos to Ionia.
- 140 days ago: Abfar relocated from Balder to Galapagos.
- 140 days ago: Abfar was refounded.
- 141 days ago: Abfar ceased to exist.
- 156 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 193 days ago: Abfar fell out of the regional Top 5% for Happiest Citizens.
- 201 days ago: Abfar relocated from A 1 to Galapagos.
- 201 days ago: Abfar relocated from Galapagos to A 1.
- 211 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.