“Hope this works”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Abfar is a massive, pleasant nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 2.961 billion, 1.276 billion of whom are zombies, Abfarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, Abfar is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and gambling is outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Abfar's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Abfar is currently researching a cure.
Survival Rate: 11.83%
Most Recent Government Activity: 1 day 1 hour ago
- 91 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 106 days ago: Abfar changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 106 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 125 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 133 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 145 days ago: Abfar changed its national nation type to "State".
- 145 days ago: Abfar altered its national flag.
- 153 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 154 days ago: Abfar relocated from Maryland to Japvia.
- 154 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).