The Queen's State of Abfar is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, renowned for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.858 billion Abfarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 9.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Abfarian economy, worth 775 trillion betales a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Retail, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,125 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, Abfar is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and gambling is outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Abfar's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments and Highest Economic Output.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Abfar voted for The Incorporated NationStates of NewTexas in Round 2 of the election.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations and the Top 10% for Least Corrupt Governments, Largest Cheese Export Sector, Largest Insurance Industry, and Highest Economic Output.
- : Abfar fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Abfar's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.