“Hope this works”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Queen's State of Abfar is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, intelligent population of 13.835 billion Abfarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, Abfar is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and gambling is outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Abfar's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its currency is the betale.
Abfar is ranked 327th in Japvia and 90,445th in the world for Most Beautiful Environments, with -6.25 Pounds of Wildlife less Pounds of Concrete per square mile.
Most Recent Government Activity: 37 days ago
- 22 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Average.
- 37 days ago: Abfar changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 37 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 56 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 64 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 76 days ago: Abfar changed its national nation type to "State".
- 76 days ago: Abfar altered its national flag.
- 84 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 85 days ago: Abfar relocated from Maryland to Japvia.
- 85 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Populations (last census: Top 10%).