The Queen's State of Abfar is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, remarkable for its burgeoning deer population. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 17.049 billion Abfarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 8.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Abfarian economy, worth 705 trillion betales a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Retail, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 41,395 betales, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.9 times as much as the poorest.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, Abfar is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and gambling is outlawed. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Abfar's national animal is the deer, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Abfar's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Insurance Industry.
- : Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- : Abfar's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Abfar's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Abfar's influence in Ancient Lands rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Abfar relocated from Crowmethia to Ancient Lands.
- : Abfar's influence in Crowmethia rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".