“Hope this works”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Principality of Abfar is a gargantuan, pleasant nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 12.268 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 17%, but much higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing, Cheese Exports, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales industries.
The tenet of free speech is held dear, Abfar is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway, and gambling is outlawed. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is moderate. Abfar's national animal is the deer, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 6 hours ago
- 23 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Cheese Export Sector.
- 29 days ago: Abfar relocated from Fes to Ancient Lands.
- 29 days ago: Abfar's influence in Fes rose from "Minnow" to "Handshaker".
- 29 days ago: Abfar relocated from Middleeast to Fes.
- 29 days ago: Abfar password-protected Middleeast.
- 71 days ago: Abfar relocated from The Peoples Pacific to Middleeast.
- 71 days ago: Abfar founded the region Middleeast.
- 71 days ago: Abfar relocated from New delian league to The Peoples Pacific.
- 71 days ago: Abfar altered its national flag.
- 79 days ago: Abfar was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most World Assembly Endorsements (last census: Top 10%).