|Category: Iron Fist Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The Americas
The Queen's State of Aarley is a gargantuan, genial nation, renowned for its strong anti-business policies. The compassionate, cynical population of 11.221 billion Aarleyians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Social Welfare, although Education and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 52%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
None has been named as Aarley's national religion, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, Aarley is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Aarley's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is none, and its currency is the betale.
Most Recent Government Activity: 18 days ago
- 8 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 18 days ago: Aarley altered its national flag.
- 19 days ago: Aarley fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Drug Use.
- 26 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 33 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 42 days ago: Aarley changed its national currency to "betale" and its nation type to "Queen's State".
- 59 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Influential.
- 61 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- 64 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Defense Forces (last census: Top 10%).
- 72 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Extreme.