The Queen's State of Aarley is a gargantuan, orderly nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The cynical population of 15.058 billion Aarleyians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but stagnant Aarleyian economy, worth 124 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Trout Farming, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 8,237 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
None has been named as Aarley's national religion, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, Aarley is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aarley's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is none.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aarley was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Aarley's influence in Kingdom of the Netherlands rose from "Hegemony" to "Hermit".
- : Aarley's influence in Kingdom of the Netherlands fell from "Hermit" to "Hegemony".
- : Aarley voted for John turner in Round 2 of the election.
- : Aarley altered the regional flag of Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- : Aarley was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Income Equality, the Top 5% for Largest Populations and Most Extreme, and the Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Aarley fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- : Aarley agreed to construct embassies between Kingdom of the Netherlands and Republic of France.
- : Aarley proposed constructing embassies between Kingdom of the Netherlands and Zaire.
- : Aarley agreed to construct embassies between Kingdom of the Netherlands and The Falkland Islands.