|Category: Iron Fist Socialists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: Ancient Lands
The Region of Aarley is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its strong anti-business politics. Its compassionate, cynical population of 9.65 billion are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Social Welfare, although Education and Defence are secondary priorities. The average income tax rate is 52%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Door-to-door Insurance Sales.
Presbyterian has been named as Aarley's national religion, major cities shut down as their local sports team takes to the field every day, Aarley is notorious for its citizens' infidelity, and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown. Aarley's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is presbyterian, and its currency is the dollar.
Most Recent Government Activity: 8 days ago
- 10 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Defense Forces.
- 13 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Authoritarian.
- 20 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Best Weather.
- 31 days ago: Aarley was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights.
- 35 days ago: Aarley relocated from Maputo to Ancient Lands.
- 37 days ago: Aarley's influence in Maputo fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 42 days ago: Aarley's influence in Maputo rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- 43 days ago: Aarley's influence in Maputo fell from "Truckler" to "Vassal".
- 44 days ago: Aarley's influence in Maputo fell from "Handshaker" to "Truckler".
- 44 days ago: Aarley's influence in Maputo fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Handshaker".