“War is sustained terrorism.”
|Category: New York Times Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The State on a Path to Peace of A Pacifist is a gargantuan, cultured nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 14.895 billion enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bertrand Russellpolis. The average income tax rate is 95%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Gambling industry.
Citizens wishing to leave the country must surrender half their wealth to the government, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Bertrand Russellpolis Times is sold out, prospective parents are cheering on the streets as they no longer need a license to have children, and young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables. Crime is totally unknown. A Pacifist's national animal is the rabbit, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the ecolog.
Most Recent Government Activity: 9 days ago
- 9 days ago: A Pacifist altered its national flag.
- 21 days ago: A Pacifist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 28 days ago: A Pacifist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Nicest Citizens.
- 32 days ago: A Pacifist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 54 days ago: A Pacifist was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 62 days ago: A Pacifist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates.
- 64 days ago: A Pacifist was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 65 days ago: A Pacifist updated the World Factbook entry in Peace.
- 88 days ago: A Pacifist fell out of the regional Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 91 days ago: A Pacifist fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Rebellious Youth.