The Nation of 95X is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Jason Clinton with an even hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 23.267 billion 95Xers are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute government, or what there is of one, is solely concerned with Public Transport. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pacific City. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient 95X economy, worth a remarkable 3,794 trillion Transfers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Woodchip Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is an impressive 163,090 Transfers, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 551,047 per year while the poor average 35,701, a ratio of 15.4 to 1.
Citizens are enjoying a recent large cut in taxes, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, Jason Clinton has just been declared ruler of 95X in an international press conference, and one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. 95X's national animal is the animal, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 hours ago
- 1 day 7 hours ago: 95X was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 5%).
- 4 days ago: 95X fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 4 days ago: 95X fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- 6 days ago: 95X lodged a message on the Atlantian Oceania Regional Message Board.
- 6 days ago: 95X changed its national leader to "Jason Clinton".
- 7 days ago: 95X was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 7 days ago: 95X was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Armed (last census: Top 10%).
- 9 days ago: 95X's influence in Atlantian Oceania rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- 10 days ago: 95X's influence in Atlantian Oceania fell from "Envoy" to "Duckspeaker".
- 11 days ago: Following new legislation in 95X, one-stop superstores divide and conquer family businesses.