“The Memory of Sanity is All That Remains ”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Negotiator
Location: The Darwin Allied Republics
The Unknown Lands of 7 Deadly Sins is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Nexus with an even hand, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5.177 billion Sinners have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is effectively ruled by the Department of Defence, with areas such as Religion & Spirituality and Public Transport receiving almost no funds by comparison. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aurora. The average income tax rate is 86%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry.
Street gangs rule most of the nation's major cities, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, billions of Obsidian coins are being blown on orbital weapons development, and re-education centers are being added to most prisons. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is crippling, and the police force struggles against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. 7 Deadly Sins's national animal is the Raven, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, its national religion is Survivalism, and its currency is the Obsidian coin.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 20 hours ago: 7 Deadly Sins was endorsed by The Parlamento Demokratio of Siclend.
- 5 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins fell out of the world Top 10% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 5 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins fell out of the regional Top 5% for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- 8 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 8 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins fell out of the regional Top 5% for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- 11 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- 12 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Scientifically Advanced (last census: #1).
- 13 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Fastest-Growing Economies (last census: #1).
- 14 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins fell out of the world Top 10% for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- 14 days ago: 7 Deadly Sins was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Average Tax Rates (last census: Top 5%).