The Holy Empire of 1C is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 7.819 billion 1Cians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.9%.
The frighteningly efficient 1Cian economy, worth a remarkable 2,125 trillion Paper Butterflies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 271,846 Paper Butterflies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, and the number of children one can have is restricted by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. 1C's national animal is the Armadillo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 1C's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Manufacturing Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Manufacturing Sector.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Retail Industry.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Dedicated Public Healthcare.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Mining Sector.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry.