The Holy Empire of 1C is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its frequent executions, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless population of 7.389 billion 1Cians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 66.9%.
The frighteningly efficient 1Cian economy, worth a remarkable 2,008 trillion Paper Butterflies a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Soda Sales, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 271,846 Paper Butterflies, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Students abandon classrooms for online education, construction of the Really Big Hadron Collider is underway, terrified neighbors cower behind concertina wire and machine gun nests, and the number of children one can have is restricted by law. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. 1C's national animal is the Armadillo, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Timber Woodchipping Industry.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- : 1C was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- : 1C's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : 1C relocated from Modorra to The Rejected Realms.
- : 1C was ejected from Modorra by The Eternal Empire of Lygonia.
- : 1C's influence in Modorra rose from "Contender" to "Eminence Grise".
- : 1C's influence in Modorra rose from "Auxiliary" to "Contender".
- : 1C's influence in Modorra rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".