The Federation of 180 Flip is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by Leader with an even hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, ban on automobiles, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 8.142 billion 180 Flipians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Social Policy, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 96.0%.
The sizeable but stagnant 180 Flipian economy, worth 72.4 trillion 180s a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Book Publishing industry. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 8,893 180s, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to 180 Flip's border, nudity is frowned upon, fewer people are bathing as citizens must show ration stamps before they can turn on their faucets, and government officials have to mortgage their homes to make ends meet. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. 180 Flip's national animal is the Flip, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is a major religion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Inclusive.
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Godforsaken (last census: Top 10%).
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 1% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Shortest Average Lifespan (last census: Top 10%).
- : 180 Flip was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Shortest Average Lifespan.
- : 180 Flip fell out of the world Top 5% for Best Weather.
- : 180 Flip fell out of the regional Top 5% for Best Weather.