“onwards towards the future”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Minnow
Location: The East Pacific
The Kingdom of 13BM is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons. Its compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.243 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Social Welfare, Education, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nautilus. The average income tax rate is 60%, and even higher for the wealthy. A large private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
The government is slowly introducing social welfare programs, refugees from other nations are flocking to 13BM's border, politicians are to be found scavenging bins at night to supplement their income, and the minority inevitably have their addenda vetoed. Crime is totally unknown. 13BM's national animal is the bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the gil.
Most Recent Government Activity: 11 days ago
- 4 days ago: 13BM fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Politically Free.
- 4 days ago: 13BM fell out of the regional Top 5% for Most Politically Free.
- 5 days ago: 13BM was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 10 days ago: 13BM was endorsed by The Kingdom of Divitaen.
- 16 days ago: 13BM was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Popular Tourist Destinations (last census: Top 10%).
- 32 days ago: 13BM was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 35 days ago: 13BM was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- 40 days ago: 13BM was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Developed.
- 47 days ago: 13BM was endorsed by The Protectorate of Randgold.
- 59 days ago: 13BM fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.