“Free at last”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The 11th of July of 1302 is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by De Leeuw van Vlaanderen with an even hand, and remarkable for its lack of airports, enforced nudity, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.156 billion 1302ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Groeninghe Couter. The average income tax rate is 87.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The 1302ian economy, worth 367 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 59,658 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, public nudity is compulsory, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. 1302's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Heilige Godelieve van Gistel.
Most Recent Government Activity: 3 days 14 hours ago
- 2 days 18 hours ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Devout.
- 7 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 10%).
- 56 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Sector (last census: Top 5%).
- 78 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Income Equality (last census: Top 10%).
- 128 days ago: 1302 fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 145 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 5%).
- 177 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Nudest.
- 181 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Income Equality.
- 188 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- 210 days ago: 1302 fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.