The 11th of July of 1302 is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by De Leeuw van Vlaanderen with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, enforced nudity, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.392 billion 1302ians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Groeninghe Couter. The average income tax rate is 87.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The 1302ian economy, worth 500 trillion Euros a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry. Average income is 59,658 Euros, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, public nudity is compulsory, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. 1302's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Heilige Godelieve van Gistel.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Longest Average Lifespans (last census: Top 10%).
- : 1302 fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Subsidized Industry (last census: Top 10%).
- : 1302 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Happiest Citizens.
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Public Transport Department (last census: Top 5%).
- : 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured (last census: Top 5%).
- : 1302 agreed to construct embassies between Vlaanderen and Arconian Empire.