“Free at last”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Vassal
The 11th of July of 1302 is a massive, safe nation, ruled by De Leeuw van Vlaanderen with an even hand, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 4.192 billion are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it concentrates mainly on Education, although Healthcare and the Environment are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Groeninghe Couter. The average income tax rate is 76%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Book Publishing.
The mining industry has taken a hit from tighter environmental regulations, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt, public nudity is compulsory, and conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings. Crime is totally unknown. 1302's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is Heilige Godelieve van Gistel, and its currency is the Euro.
Most Recent Government Activity: 2 days 18 hours ago
- 22 hours ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- 5 days ago: 1302 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Happiest Citizens.
- 17 days ago: 1302 fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 19 days ago: 1302 fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 41 days ago: Following new legislation in 1302, conductors wield diamond-encrusted batons to fit in with their freshly gilded surroundings.
- 42 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Rebellious Youth.
- 57 days ago: 1302 agreed to construct embassies between Vlaanderen and Wyndia.
- 60 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- 61 days ago: 1302 created a new poll in Vlaanderen: "Welke Trappist is de beste?".
- 99 days ago: 1302 was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Safest (last census: Top 10%).