The Pogue Warriors of 1-502nd Airborne Inf is a gargantuan, efficient nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working, humorless, devout population of 19.63 billion 1-502nd Airborne Infians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Environment aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Panmunjom. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.3%.
The all-consuming 1-502nd Airborne Infian economy, worth a remarkable 3,853 trillion jumpwings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 196,320 jumpwings, with the richest citizens earning 8.9 times as much as the poorest.
Prices fluctuate manically for no fathomable reason, protesters are up in arms over new nuclear power stations, disaster victims are viewed with disdain, and women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. 1-502nd Airborne Inf's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Prevention of Torture"".
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Right to sexual privacy".
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Landmine Safety Protocol".
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf fell out of the regional Top 5% for Safest.
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf approved the World Assembly proposal "Repeal "Condemn DEN"".
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nation of Quebec".
- : 1-502nd Airborne Inf was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in 1-502nd Airborne Inf, women earn less than half the salary of men if they can even find a job.