|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Holy Empire of -Marvel- is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Emperor Marvel-Man with an even hand, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 6.955 billion have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it is mainly concerned with Education, although Defence and Law & Order are on the agenda. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City of Marvels. The average income tax rate is 87%, and even higher for the wealthy. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Book Publishing industry, followed by Information Technology and Gambling.
The government has enacted freedom of information, jails have become colloquially known as 'vampire houses', voting is voluntary, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Marvel-'s national animal is the wolverine, which is also the nation's favorite main course, its national religion is Marvelism, and its currency is the ditko.
Most Recent Government Activity: 4 days ago
- 1 day 6 hours ago: -Marvel- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry (last census: Top 5%).
- 1 day 7 hours ago: -Marvel- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Largest Publishing Industry.
- 2 days 6 hours ago: -Marvel- fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Subsidized Industry.
- 4 days ago: -Marvel- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Healthiest Citizens.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in -Marvel-, there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt.
- 7 days ago: -Marvel- fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Defense Forces.
- 11 days ago: -Marvel- fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Insurance Industry.
- 14 days ago: -Marvel- was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 20 days ago: -Marvel- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Safest.
- 25 days ago: -Marvel- was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Developed.