|Category: Iron Fist Consumerists|
Regional Influence: Minnow
The Isolated Community of -Hinamizawa- is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Rika-chama with an iron fist, and remarkable for its punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 4.568 billion -Hinamizawa-ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, moralistic government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Religion & Spirituality, Law & Order, and the Environment. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hinamizawa. The average income tax rate is 93%, and even higher for the wealthy. The private sector is almost wholly made up of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, although the government is looking at stamping this out.
The government is seen to favor Catholics, Satoko populations thrive as dogs are slaughtered in the millions, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers, and the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Hinamizawa-'s national animal is the Satoko, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, its national religion is worship of the mighty Oyashiro-sama, and its currency is the Offal.
Most Recent Government Activity: 16 days ago
- 16 days ago: -Hinamizawa- relocated from Osiris to Anime.
- 16 days ago: -Hinamizawa- altered its national flag.
- 16 days ago: -Hinamizawa- was refounded in Osiris.
- 22 days ago: -Hinamizawa- ceased to exist.
- 45 days ago: -Hinamizawa- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Conservative (last census: Top 5%).
- 59 days ago: -Hinamizawa- fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Welfare Programs.
- 60 days ago: -Hinamizawa- was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Authoritarian (last census: Top 10%).
- 74 days ago: -Hinamizawa- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Highest Police Ratios.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hinamizawa-, the nation is ravaged by daily union strikes.
- 75 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hinamizawa-, the police are tightening their grip on alcohol smugglers.