The Fedaykin Empire of -Hellkite- is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Naib of Hellkite with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, ban on automobiles, and smutty television. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.934 billion Fremen love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arrakeen. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Fremen economy, worth a remarkable 5,029 trillion Water rings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 265,615 Water rings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Sandworm is protected from hunting and slowly coming back from the brink of extinction, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Arrakeen Times is sold out, the government spends millions of Water rings every year prosecuting spammers, and birth rates have hit an all-time low. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Hellkite-'s national animal is the Sandworm, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 hours ago
- 2 hours ago: -Hellkite- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 1 day 2 hours ago: -Hellkite- was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Unemployment Rates (last census: Top 10%).
- 1 day 4 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, the government spends millions of Water rings every year prosecuting spammers.
- 2 days 10 hours ago: -Hellkite- voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "International Expositions Act"".
- 2 days 16 hours ago: -Hellkite- was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- 2 days 16 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Arrakeen Times is sold out.
- 3 days 11 hours ago: -Hellkite- lodged a message on the Dune Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: -Hellkite- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- 4 days ago: -Hellkite- voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Imperium of the Wolf".
Endorsements Received: None.