“We are a desert power, and nothing can stop us”
|Category: Left-Leaning College State|
Regional Influence: Power
The Fedaykin Empire of -Hellkite- is a gargantuan, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Naib of Hellkite with an even hand, and renowned for its anti-smoking policies. Its hard-nosed, intelligent population of 14.894 billion enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, the Environment, and Defence. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arrakeen. The average income tax rate is 100%. A powerhouse of a private sector is dominated by the Tourism industry.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, bicycle parking sheds sprout like mushrooms near rail stations after cars are banned, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country, and euthanasia is legal. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Hellkite-'s national animal is the Sandworm, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its currency is the Water ring .
Most Recent Government Activity: 5 hours ago
- 6 hours ago: -Hellkite- voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Chemical Weapons Convention".
- 11 hours ago: -Hellkite- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Income Equality.
- 4 days ago: -Hellkite- voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the Declaration of War".
- 6 days ago: -Hellkite- was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- 6 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, euthanasia is legal.
- 6 days ago: -Hellkite- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Smartest Citizens.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, a vast monorail network carries people all over the country.
- 8 days ago: -Hellkite- voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Stopping Suicide Seeds".
- 10 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, bicycle parking sheds sprout like mushrooms near rail stations after cars are banned.
- 11 days ago: -Hellkite- lodged a message on the Dune Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: None.