“We are a desert power, and nothing can stop us”
|Category: Democratic Socialists|
Regional Influence: Superpower
The Fedaykin Empire of -Hellkite- is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by The Naib of Hellkite with a fair hand, and notable for its national health service, anti-smoking policies, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 18.599 billion Fremen are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arrakeen. The income tax rate is 100%.
The frighteningly efficient Fremen economy, worth a remarkable 4,920 trillion Water rings a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an amazing 264,531 Water rings, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, the government is avowedly atheist, and cheese has become the new icon of political dissent. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Hellkite-'s national animal is the Sandworm, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 10 hours ago: -Hellkite- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Most Scientifically Advanced.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: -Hellkite- proposed constructing embassies between Dune and Sagittarius Arm.
- 2 days 15 hours ago: -Hellkite- lodged a message on the The Darwin Allied Republics Regional Message Board.
- 4 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, cheese has become the new icon of political dissent.
- 7 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, the government is avowedly atheist.
- 8 days ago: -Hellkite- fell out of the regional Top 10% for Largest Public Sector.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in -Hellkite-, government-run screening operations remove embryos with severe genetic disorders.
- 12 days ago: -Hellkite- voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Double Taxation".
- 18 days ago: -Hellkite- lodged a message on the Dune Regional Message Board.