“My God, My Country, My Honour”
|Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy|
Regional Influence: Envoy
Location: The Grand Imperial Alliance
The Kingdom of -Genovia- is a massive, devout nation, ruled by Queen Amelia II with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working, intelligent population of 4.601 billion Genovians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Commerce. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pyrus. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Tourism industry, followed by Beef-Based Agriculture and Book Publishing.
Wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct, a nation-wide cull of Genovian Otters is in effect, birth rates have hit an all-time low, and only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Genovia-'s national animal is the Genovian Otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, its national religion is the Roman Catholic Church, and its currency is the Genovian schilling.
Most Recent Government Activity: 14 hours ago
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, only the rich can afford the latest medical innovations.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, a nation-wide cull of Genovian Otters is in effect.
- 2 days 21 hours ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, wildlife near farms is slowly becoming extinct.
- 5 days ago: -Genovia- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Cultured.
- 6 days ago: -Genovia- lodged a message on the The Grand Imperial Alliance Regional Message Board.
- 8 days ago: -Genovia- was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, bicyclists are banned from major roads.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, businesses are forced to bring all work back within the nation's borders.
- 8 days ago: Following new legislation in -Genovia-, drug distribution is tightly controlled by the government.