The Emperium of -Emporia- is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Emperor Ether V with an even hand, and notable for its multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, daily referendums, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 17.269 billion -Emporia-ians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government is primarily concerned with Defense, although Law & Order, Education, and Environment are also considered important, while Spirituality and Public Transport receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Emmperrisburg. The average income tax rate is 53.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving -Emporia-ian economy, worth a remarkable 1,688 trillion Emporiums a year, is highly specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 97,756 Emporiums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
A determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end, punitive tariffs protect local industry, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents, and there is a dearth of space for new houses. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Emporia-'s national animal is the Electric Eye, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : -Emporia-'s influence in Planet Maxorus Prime fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : -Emporia- altered its national flag.
- : -Emporia- relocated from Lazarus to Planet Maxorus Prime.
- : -Emporia- was refounded in Lazarus.
- : -Emporia- ceased to exist.
- : -Emporia- fell out of the world Top 10% for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in -Emporia-, there is a dearth of space for new houses.
- : Following new legislation in -Emporia-, an increasing percentage of the population's youth have homosexual parents.
- : Following new legislation in -Emporia-, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Following new legislation in -Emporia-, a determined opposition debates the relative benefits of Arial and Times New Roman for days on end.