“Benevolencia, Tranquilidad, Amor”
|Category: Father Knows Best State|
Regional Influence: Vassal
Location: New Rostil
The Kingdom of -Costa Luna- is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Reina Rosalinda Maria Montoya Fiore with an iron fist, and notable for its museums and concert halls. The compassionate, cynical population of 7.423 billion Lunars are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Education, Defence, and Law & Order. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vittoria. The average income tax rate is 82%, and even higher for the wealthy. A healthy private sector is dominated by the Book Publishing industry.
Religious education is a new government priority, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, prosecutors routinely call transplant doctors as 'expert witnesses' in burglary cases, and the government is using tax revenues to provide jobs for the poor. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Costa Luna-'s national animal is the Parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, its national religion is Roman Catholicism, and its currency is the Lunar Peso.
Most Recent Government Activity: 7 days ago
- 2 days 8 hours ago: -Costa Luna-'s influence in New Rostil rose from "Minnow" to "Vassal".
- 7 days ago: -Costa Luna- lodged a message on the New Rostil Regional Message Board.
- 7 days ago: -Costa Luna- relocated from Lazarus to New Rostil.
- 7 days ago: -Costa Luna- changed its national capital to "Vittoria".
- 7 days ago: -Costa Luna- changed its national demonym to "Lunar".
- 7 days ago: -Costa Luna- changed its national demonym to "Lunan" and its demonym adjective to "Lunan".
- 7 days ago: -Costa Luna- altered its national flag.
- 30 days ago: -Costa Luna- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- 54 days ago: -Costa Luna- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- 57 days ago: -Costa Luna- altered its national flag.