The Kingdom of -Costa Luna- is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Queen Mónica Amador with an iron fist, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, cynical, devout population of 9.524 billion Lunars are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Law & Order, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Vittoria. The average income tax rate is 70.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Lunan economy, worth 674 trillion Lunar Pesoes a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving, Furniture Restoration, and Tourism. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 70,823 Lunar Pesoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation, birth rates have hit an all-time low, artists are pillars of society, and fur coats have become the latest fashion trend. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. -Costa Luna-'s national animal is the Parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Roman Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity: 12 days ago
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in -Costa Luna-, fur coats have become the latest fashion trend.
- 12 days ago: Following new legislation in -Costa Luna-, artists are pillars of society.
- 12 days ago: -Costa Luna- altered its national flag.
- 12 days ago: -Costa Luna- relocated from Lazarus to New Rostil.
- 12 days ago: -Costa Luna- was refounded in Lazarus.
- 12 days ago: -Costa Luna- ceased to exist.
- 13 days ago: -Costa Luna- was ranked in the Top 10% of the region for Most Corrupt Governments.
- 51 days ago: -Costa Luna- was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- 51 days ago: -Costa Luna- was ranked in the Top 5% of the region for Most Pacifist.
- 66 days ago: Following new legislation in -Costa Luna-, birth rates have hit an all-time low.